rings and a sea monster and death all over the beach

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
For those of you that do not know, down here in Florida we had over two weeks of freezing temps. I know your saying, big freaking deal right?

All of this cold weather has had a huge impact on the marine life. I have seen more dead fish on the beach than a red tide. A few days ago, I saw a dead snook that must have been a world's record. It was HUGE!

There have been hundreds of sea turtles that have been found as well. It kind of sucks and to top it all off, while I was hunting among all of the death I find my first crematory tag. WTF? I pitched it back into the ocean as far as I could.

Today was no different, there were dead fish everywhere and one was a monster. Check this thing out! That's my 11 year old son in the picture for a size reference.
thing1.jpg

My hand for a size reference. The girls always said I had big hands....... :thumbsup:
thing.jpg

I did score two rings amongst all of this other stuff, a spinner and an old class ring.
rings.jpg

You just never know what you might find at the beach!

Upvote 0

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What an absurd day! Did you find out what that fish it in your pic? I've never seen anything like that before. Nice post!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Kudo's on your ring finds. It is too bad about all the marine life that the cold weather took. I guess that is just all part of life but still it is just too darn bad. I hate to see a waste like this. Again..... KUDO'S on your rings!

OP
OP
S

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
EpsilonMinus said:
What an absurd day! Did you find out what that fish it in your pic? I've never seen anything like that before. Nice post!

No I did not find out what kind of fish it was. Someone will hopefully ID it. Maybe I should post it in the what is this forum?

mumszie said:
Kudo's on your ring finds. It is too bad about all the marine life that the cold weather took. I guess that is just all part of life but still it is just too darn bad. I hate to see a waste like this. Again..... KUDO'S on your rings!

Thanks!

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean Sunfish. I've seen them off shore about 10 ft long. They lay on their sides on the surface with that big pectoral fin poking out of the water. What a magnificent fish. It's a shame that one is dead, along with a lot of snook.

Otherwise, great finds. :thumbsup:

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
That is a shame about all of the fish suffering. That could really hurt the sport fisherman this coming season.

LMC 620

Apr 29, 2009
Staten Island NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds. Back in my wreck diving days, miles off shore, we would see a fin in the water and think "shark". Until we saw that fin just kind of flop around, then we knew it was a Sunfish. Very docile, we used to swim with them. And yeah, they do get big.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The very 1st time I went snorkeling in Cancun this was first fish I saw,and I also got within 6ft. of him,which made me want to learn how to dive.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, alot of the guys in the kayak fishing club have seen all kinds of dead fish... one guy said he counted over 300 snook in Holouver just drifting thru. Although I bet the pomps have been fired up.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a shame about all the dead sea life,we haven't had that many kills on the west coast (Florida) that i have seen. Nice rings,congrats :tongue3:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a shame to see all that sushi going to waste baking in the sun.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That fish looks cartoonish. Crazy thing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread