80 coins, 2 bracelets, 1 chain, 1 ring - two hours in just 30 feet of beach!

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Yesterday hit an amazing spot on a fairly deserted beach.

Within a 30 foot section of beach I dug 80 coins, 1 silver chain, 1 silver ring, a charm bracelet, and several other interesting items - and not a single bottle cap or pull tab.

Everything was found in just this one section. If I moved twenty feet out of this zone in either direction, there were no targets.

But in this one section, I didn't even have to swing the coil - no matter where I put it down there was a target there.

Mostly old quarters and dimes, a few pennies, and some badly worn and mostly broken jewelry.

Most was found on the wet sand, under the receding waves. I did venture into the water and same condition existed there - every swing of the coil produced a target - usually a coin.

I dug wet sand and removed targets until my arms were sore but kept going until the rising tide and high waves from the squall line forced me off the beach.

I went back to the same spot this morning and found 20 more coins and another chain in about 40 minutes of hunting.

The high waves and heavy surf along with the rising tide eventually forced me off this section of the beach - and away from that one area, nothing else was found.

But what a great hunt! I'll definitely be back out there later today when the waves settle back down.

Bill

Attachments

• jan162010.jpg
    jan162010.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,047
  • radiofAj1.jpg
    radiofAj1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,022
Upvote 0

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
GuerillaBill said:
Yesterday hit an amazing spot on a fairly deserted beach.

Within a 30 foot section of beach I dug 80 coins, 1 silver chain, 1 silver ring, a charm bracelet, and several other interesting items - and not a single bottle cap or pull tab.

Everything was found in just this one section. If I moved twenty feet out of this zone in either direction, there were no targets.

But in this one section, I didn't even have to swing the coil - no matter where I put it down there was a target there.

Mostly old quarters and dimes, a few pennies, and some badly worn and mostly broken jewelry.

Most was found on the wet sand, under the receding waves. I did venture into the water and same condition existed there - every swing of the coil produced a target - usually a coin.

I dug wet sand and removed targets until my arms were sore but kept going until the rising tide and high waves from the squall line forced me off the beach.

I went back to the same spot this morning and found 20 more coins and another chain in about 40 minutes of hunting.

The high waves and heavy surf along with the rising tide eventually forced me off this section of the beach - and away from that one area, nothing else was found.

But what a great hunt! I'll definitely be back out there later today when the waves settle back down.

Bill

Sweet spot for sure!

OP
OP
GuerillaBill

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
mumszie said:
Wonderful hunt! I'd be hitting that one area again and again until you get no more targets. Great finds!

mumszie,

You're right, I need to keep detecting that site. But due to the tide action in this area, I can only detect there at low tide, unless I get into the water.

And while I love water detecting, the water on the west coast of Florida is around 48 degrees right now.

So I'm getting a wet suit and booties tomorrow so I can get in the water in this high target area.

Bill

Bill

wavecrazed

Jul 21, 2009
Orlando FLorida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Excallibur 1000, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score. Wish I could get out right now. Maybe tomorrow to a Florida river area.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score Bill, sounds like you found a low area where targets settled....Good luck on your return hunt........ :icon_thumright:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you found a pocket for sure. Imagine the things that might come from there.

OP
OP
GuerillaBill

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
I hit that same spot yesterday morning and found 20 coins, which is good, but not nearly as good as it was the day before.

Then went back this afternoon, and found just one coin.

The tides in this specific part of the beach are very steep with a 20 foot drop from high tide to low tide.

When I first hit this spot, it was at a negative low tide (saturday), and the good stuff was just below the normal low tide mark.

Since then, I've hit it at low tide, but the high pounding waves and cold water keep me from getting back to the negative tide level and even deeper.

Now I'm just waiting for the wet suit I ordered so I can get into the surf a bit, and see if the pocket of goodies is still there.

In the meantime, construction has begun on replacing three different wooden walkways on the beaches in this area, so I'll be detecting there when the workers are not around.

Bill

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those treasure pockets crop up every once in a while and produce many targets per hour. It pays to hunt the area slowly and mark it on your GPS for a return.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Great finds! I found a silver heart bracelet just like the one you pictured. We're twinkies! :wink:

HH,
Moon

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great going, I wonder if there was ever a dock or something where people could sit and watch the ocean. Seems like an awfull lot of coins in one spot, without having had something over it at one time. Oh well, great job and hope you find all there is to find there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread