Good Junk? You Bet.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that we’re in the coldest part of winter and can’t get out much, especially here in New England, what’s the worst looking junk find that you ever found, and kept? Maybe I could also ask what’s the most beat up favorite junky thing that you’ve ever found and have saved?

I know we all have found pull tabs, bottle caps, nails, bobbie pins and various junk pieces of metal, but what I’m talking about is something that is identify-able but really beat up or has been in the water or ground for quite some time.

In my case it’s this toy car I found at the beach a few years ago. Just about all the paint has been worn off by sand and time but there are still a few spots of red paint left on it. Looking at the underneath photo of the car you can see that there is nothing there. No axle, no tires, no name, no nothing.

Why am I keeping it? I don’t know, maybe because I found it and wondered when some child lost it and how many summers ago was it lost. I’ll just add it to my collection of other miniature keepsake toys that have been found at the beach and keep on looking for more of them. That’s what makes this hobby so great. Digging up pieces of the past and bringing them to the light of day once again.

1273.jpg

Upvote 0

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
The frontmost piece of a Chattanooga #2 plow, where the horse harness hooks up. Because it was one of the few identifiable things I found during a week's hunt at an old farm. I keep telling myself I will paint it black and put it on display along with a reproduction of the catalog page it's on. But I haven't yet.

Chip V.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread