I got my FIRST underwater metal detector!! Yay!

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
:hello2: Yay! I got my first underwater metal detector last night from ebay. It's a cheap little starter machine ($208). All I ask is that it stays watertight & works!! This should be ok for my first one, to get me out in & under the water. I'm so excited to get going with it.

When I was a kid, I was part fish!! lol. My parents had a hard time getting me out of the water every time we went to the beach, lake, pool, etc.. I grew up in Redondo Beach, Calif and would dive for spare change from the tourists on the pier when I was a teen. I was a avid free diver up to 25' for several years as a teen.

Now I'm back!!

To start out with, I already have my mask, fins, & snorkel. I am a short 5' 3" and will wade up to the point where it would be better for me to get face down & snorkel with md swinging. I can see the targets, kick a couple times, scoop, and surface. Here's another cute, funny thing from when I was a kid, free diving for coins. I would take a cotton tube sock & tie it to my wrist. Fill it with coins & keep it tied to my wrist so the coins wouldn't fall out. It worked pretty good, especially in the surf coming out of the water.

I would earn enough coins to pay for lunch and had such a good time. I even had a shark encounter. It was a baby shark & being a fearless teen (lol), I grabbed it and took it ashore & then posed with it for pictures from the tourists!! lol, (I'm such a ham). About an hour later, after carrying this shark around the pier with me, I tossed it back in the water, when it hit, it woke up, and swam away!! lol... hee hee.(kids!!)

I can't wait to get out there again. How does hours in the water in Florida sound to you?? hee hee.

Here is the description from the ebay ad:

We were finally able to get some of these coveted underwater detectors in stock. We can only get these when Treasure Hunter has factory extras.

For the avid beach comber, treasure diver, wader along FL's treasure coast, or deep sea diving detector, the Aquavision Pro has what you are looking for.

Unlike most underwater detectors, the Aquavision Pro works great in salt water as well as freshwater, and with a maximum depth of 132 feet, there is virtually no treasure out of your grasp. With only two knobs, this detector is a miracle of high technology. One knob is for power on, battery test, and discrimination, the other knob is for sensitivity.

Lightweight, with comfortable foam grip, this detector is a pleasure to use in or out of the water. The detector takes one Alkaline 9-volt battery which provides over 65 hours of operation time. Pinpointing is a breeze with only the slightest movement needed for positive target results.

With state of the art patented quartz crystal electronics the Aquavision Pro operates in frequencies even below the VLF (Very Low Frequency) spectrum. With the included waterproof and specially engineered piezo-elastic headphones, this detector is truly a treasure hunters dream.

Weight 6lbs

Warranty - 5-years

Submersible Headphones

Can be set to ignore small metal pieces while looking for larger objects

10" deepsearch spidercoil

Audible alarm and visual red LED flash

Aluminum control tube

Descrimination capabilities to tune out trash like pulltabs while searching for valuable treasure

Manufacturer: Treasure Hunter

Suggested Retail $795.95

** It all sounds good to me, and I will put it through it's paces ** yay!!

Susan, and my dogs Kelly & Tinky

Attachments

• 1212687447158_aqua22.jpg
    1212687447158_aqua22.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,440
Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I misread the heading and thought it said "underwear detector"! LOL! I was thinking it must give you quite a thrill when you hit something! Monty

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you use some silicone grease on the "O" ring when you install the battery. Those are the same make they sold for $50 at Walmart last summer (closeout), and an awful lot of them leaked.

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
That's an interesting looking machine. Good luck with it, and post your finds ASAP! Can't wait to see what you find!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful when sealing it up and enjoy the hunts. :hello2:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best of luck!! be very carefull and make sure its sealed correctly!!!! dig the tab/foil signals to find the goodstuff
"Descrimination capabilities to tune out trash like pulltabs while searching for valuable treasure" :nono: :nono:

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
GibH said:
Make sure you use some silicone grease on the "O" ring when you install the battery. Those are the same make they sold for $50 at Walmart last summer (closeout), and an awful lot of them leaked.

:headbang: Thank you very much for that tip. I want this cheap little machine to work and not leak. That's all I'm asking for!! lol... I will do what you recommend. Thanks again, skt

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
mumszie said:
Good luck with your new detector and I hope that it works out great. I'm anxious to see your first "good" find with it!

Thank you, and I'm anxious too. I look forward to putting in the effort.

skt

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Sandman said:
Be careful when sealing it up and enjoy the hunts. :hello2:

Yes, thank you. I got advice to put silicone grease on the o ring when I put in my battery. I will also inspect all joints, meeting areas, and put my own clear silicone on those areas too. Just as an added precaution.

skt

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
seeker41 said:
best of luck!! be very carefull and make sure its sealed correctly!!!! dig the tab/foil signals to find the goodstuff
"Descrimination capabilities to tune out trash like pulltabs while searching for valuable treasure" :nono: :nono:

Thank you. I will put silicone grease on the o ring when I install the battery, and my own clear silicone sealant on the outside joints/meeting places just as an added precauction. I will keep the disc off, & dig all signals. I don't want to miss anything. I laughed when it said that it's a marvel of modern technology!! It's only got 2 buttons!! lol...

Thank you again, skt

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
I got this silicone grease from Ebay. I hope it's the right kind & it will work good. I don't know if the o ring on my umd is silicone or not?

Up for sale is one 1/4 ounce (net weight) jar of Jet-Lube® DM™ premium silicone lubricant. SILICONE COMPOUND DM is a premium silicone compound for use in a wide variety of applications. Its low volatility, nonmelting thickener and high dielectric strength make it an excellent general purpose o-ring sealing. It is non-toxic and has an operatibe temperature of -70° to 400° F. Comparable to Dow 111 Silicone Grease. It should not be used with silicone o-rings! This is a brand new item.

ttyl, skt

Attachments

• jetlube_bottom_440.jpg
    jetlube_bottom_440.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,170
  • jetlube_open_400.jpg
    jetlube_open_400.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,188

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new detector.....

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Good luck with the new machine, can't wait to see your underwater finds snorkel.gif

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I use on all my O rings, it slightly swells the O ring as well as providing a great seal.

A little pricey but worth it.

It's Dow Corning 55 O ring lubricant. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread