diamond tester??

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Igem is the best place to order and i just purchased a diamond tester free shipping they are a great company.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't anyone believe in the saying, "You get what you pay for" anymore. Some of the cheaper testers will report on a CZ being a good stone if tested on top but a good tester will give the true reading all the way around the surface of the stone.

You get what you pay for...........an sometimes not even then.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Sandman said:
Doesn't anyone believe in the saying, "You get what you pay for" anymore. Some of the cheaper testers will report on a CZ being a good stone if tested on top but a good tester will give the true reading all the way around the surface of the stone.

You get what you pay for...........an sometimes not even then.

So True :icon_thumright:

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
In a previous life, I used to sell those diamond testers. In fact, I did an infomercial showing how they could be used at flea markets and yard sales to quickly discover diamonds among costume jewelry.

They work quite well, with one caveat.

When used on some fake diamonds, they will leave a mark on the stone - from the thermal energy used by the device to detect whether it is a diamond or not.

I discovered this the hard way when I tested a large engagement ring of a friend who was assured by her boyfriend that it was a real diamond.

It wasn't - and the tester left a blemish on the stone.

Bill

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone!!!
sandman......yes i do believe that "you get what you pay for" but i am also a tight--- :laughing7: ......the main thing is i don't want to pay $1000.00 for something when the $150.00 model will do the trick!! you can buy a very nice pair of 10x50 binoculars for $60.00 or you can spend $1,500.00 or more!!! i will always lean toward the less expensive choice. for most products there is a high end and a low end. and then there's the really cheap product that doesn't really work or will break quickly!! i usually chose the low end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread