Another reason I like hitting the beach in the evenings

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
In a previous message, I included a video showing why I like hunting the beach in the evening - no crowds, great sunsets, and daily target drops.

The video below shows another reason I like to hunt in the evenings.

This time its the same beach as my previous video, just two days later, and you can see there is quite a crowd at sunset.

For metal detecting, a crowd on the beach, especially one that is in mostly street clothes, and dancing around is usually good news.

Being on the beach and seeing where the above drum circle was held, I know exactly where to detect for very recent drops - right after these people head home.

Many people who search this beach during the morning or day, will likely have no idea there were a few hundred people standing and dancing in just one small area of the beach the day before.

Bill

Upvote 0

cloviscliff

Jul 15, 2008
South Tx
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's m6, Fisher 1210, Garrett ACE 250, White's surf PI Pro, White's DF, Fisher F75se, Fisher 1236x2, Garrett GTAx750
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the deal with the drums and bongos

OP
OP
GuerillaBill

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
People bring African drums and bongos to the beach and play when the sun sets.

You can take classes locally, and there's even a drum store near the beach that specializes in selling these kinds of drums.

Sometimes there will be as many as 50 people who show up with drums for the drum circle

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cloviscliff said:
What's the deal with the drums and bongos

They were just there to make the background music for the video so that Youtube wouldn't cut the sound for possible copyright violation :laughing9: :laughing9:

I've always wondered the same everytime I've seen this type of activity at the beach. I guess it's a hobby just like metal detecting. ::)

Good advice GB. :thumbsup:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions