Wetsand Beach Hunt 2/2/2010, and the Beat goes on !!.....(Video)

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Surfdigger,

Thanks again for another inspiring video. And thanks for taking the time to edit your videos together so well with music and everything. Makes it that much more of an enjoyable viewing experience.

The Central California beaches near me (1 hour and 45 minute drive) are pretty sanded in right now (after having been pretty great a little over a week ago). I went this week and didn't find many targets. I do get inspired by watching you hunting the sanded in beaches back east, though, and will probably venture out again next week even though no major swells are expected that would pull any of the sand back off, I hope to at least find a few low spots to hunt.

Jim

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
MT Pockets said:
Excellent Video and footage !!! :headbang:

Do you guy's ever get wet? the way we do here in Fla.. Chest/Neck deep?

Damn.. that's a lot of beach shoreline in Jersey...

and that's coming from a Native LI'er... you need a team of guys to hunt that area..
Yes we absolutely do here.....but unlike Florida....the water gets mighty cold this time of year (34degrees tonite) and the surf gets pretty rough too.....in the Summer and into fall we get out about hip high when it isn't too rough.....luckily our beaches are very gentle sloping and our swimming areas get exposed pretty well during a good lowtide. Also in the winter months with the storms the jewelry that gets lost in the surf in summer will literally move in and out as the sand moves and the surf will also "spit" "water lost" jewelry up onto the beach.....what can I say....you've seen the coins and the jewelry in my other vids.....I think that we do OK for a state with less than a 3 month swimming season....dontcha think??

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Excellent video. What I like about your videos is that you not only "tell" people what to look for when trying to read a beach but you actually "show" them. WTG keep the videos coming! Congrats on your finds and may you find some banner finds soon!

sanddrifter

Dec 2, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thank you for the videos, you do an awesome job, I really look forward to seeing them. I have learned a lot about where to look on the beach from your videos.

I must still be having trouble listening to the subtle sounds though. I feel with the time I spend (3-4 hours) I just don't have the results you and others have.
Is there anyway to have a video with your signals "you hear" when you locate items in a video? I know that could be a great help to me and you sure do great videos. (Sorry probably a lot to ask.. but you seem good at it)

I have spent so much time in the "vertical ripple water" and low spots where you find so much and I don't find anything. I can see how much I still have to learn with my Excallibur II, plus I am still new to this.
I have worked on my settings like others have suggested, but I guess I still need more time to figure it out. I do find the things with the strong signals, but I think I must be missing the subtle sounds.
I love this site and all the help everyone is so good at sharing!!!!

Love seeing your finds, it gives me gold fever!!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
Excellent video. What I like about your videos is that you not only "tell" people what to look for when trying to read a beach but you actually "show" them. WTG keep the videos coming! Congrats on your finds and may you find some banner finds soon!
I too like the way you are doing the videos. They are fun to watch and will be more fun when it gets warmer and the sky is blue. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
sanddrifter said:
Thank you for the videos, you do an awesome job, I really look forward to seeing them. I have learned a lot about where to look on the beach from your videos.

I must still be having trouble listening to the subtle sounds though. I feel with the time I spend (3-4 hours) I just don't have the results you and others have.
Is there anyway to have a video with your signals "you hear" when you locate items in a video? I know that could be a great help to me and you sure do great videos. (Sorry probably a lot to ask.. but you seem good at it)

I have spent so much time in the "vertical ripple water" and low spots where you find so much and I don't find anything. I can see how much I still have to learn with my Excallibur II, plus I am still new to this.
I have worked on my settings like others have suggested, but I guess I still need more time to figure it out. I do find the things with the strong signals, but I think I must be missing the subtle sounds.
I love this site and all the help everyone is so good at sharing!!!!

Love seeing your finds, it gives me gold fever!!!!

Thanks for the compliment !.....Those ripple troughs are just another thing to look for....kind of a signpost.....they don't always produce....believe me I have hunted more than my share of barren ripple troughs.....as for a video with detector sounds....my buddy Oldebeechnut makes some great videos that showcase the Excalibur sounds.....here is one he made when he was water hunting in Florida on the west coast.....check out the rest of his as well.....he has some great ones and they should help you get used to the tones and other sounds that the excal makes.....HH....Brian

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fishhead

Greenie
Feb 4, 2005
Mays Landing, South Jersey
Brian,

Nice show again. Have Bruce use the camera, so you can get more hunting time in. I always pay close attention to your videos, even at my age, there is something to learn from your clips. However for the moment , it is to cold for my Titanium hips. Se ya on the beach.

Mike :hello:

sanddrifter

Dec 2, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thanks for adding the other video! I really appreciate it. I watched it and I am watching his others as well. You both have great videos and they really help.

Thanks!!!!
Mary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread