first time hunting for pirate coins in fla help!!!!!

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive beach hunt for coins in mass,but my partner and myself are going to and around vero beach to look for coins around march 5 when the tides are in our favor.Not knowing the area at all i could use any help i could get so as to hone on at least one coin.I know these beaches have been hit hard and im no fool about that,but ive been doing alot of research and cant find alot of information about the area.I heard they were dreageing and putting sand on the beaches.so any help is welcome. maybe i can help you if you every come to the cape in mass.im allways looking for new detecting friends. thanks frankie

Upvote 0

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
The beaches around Vero are very sanded in right now. And most have been recently re nourished - including Wabasso beach.

This means the shipwreck coins are likely under 8 to 12 feet of new sand.

That doesn't mean it is hopeless though. If you are at the right place at the right time, you might find something.

For a daily report on treasure beach conditions and finds see http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/

Bill

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
frankie said:
Ive beach hunt for coins in mass,but my partner and myself are going to and around vero beach to look for coins around march 5 when the tides are in our favor.Not knowing the area at all i could use any help i could get so as to hone on at least one coin.I know these beaches have been hit hard and im no fool about that,but ive been doing alot of research and cant find alot of information about the area.I heard they were dreageing and putting sand on the beaches.so any help is welcome. maybe i can help you if you every come to the cape in mass.im allways looking for new detecting friends. thanks frankie

They are about to make it even harder for you, they are scheduled to start the renourishment of the beaches in that area starting this month.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/feb/02/indian-river-commission-approves-beach-contract/

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To have a better time and find something of value, you may want to head further south to Miami or Lauderdale and hit some of the "high dollar" tourist areas and beaches.

The near naked bodies and oil lathered fingers make for good viewing and jewelry finding. You may hit on a piece that is worth more than a pirate coin.

Also consider the better alternative and hit the Tampa/Clearwater area. Low surf conditions, (often more near those of a large lake), and high tourist counts. The Gulf Coast of Florida is really a great place to treasure hunt and there are some rare findings of Pirate Treasure there too.

Good Luck and Have Fun but be a good Yankee and go back home!!! (Just Kidding - My entire golf group are all from the North and they are great folks. Little strange but great folks.)

DaChief

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread