Another month

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I knew it before he (the doctor) even told me but I was hoping.................... NOPE I have to keep this air boot on for at least another month (maybe two) and NO water hunting. CUSS CUSS CUSS He said I can go hunt on dry land but.... I can't get up once I'm down on my knees so that's out too. SOOOOOO you gng's get out there and find some bling for me to drool over. **sigh**

Upvote 0

sanddrifter

Dec 2, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
AH bummer. I hope you feel better soon. The only good thing is that it is cold now and you will we out again when it is nicer out and the water has warmed up.

Take care!!!!!
Mary

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Mumzsie,

I'm rather reluctant to get on my knees too so what I do is spread my feet a little and scoop from that position. In the dry sand and totlots this should work good. If I do get on my knees I generally stay down for a little while.

If you go slow maybe this will work for you?

HH Joe

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumsie, I have a balance problem due to a nagging old back injury. I was out in a sand tot lot one day and bent over to dig up a shallow coin. When I tried to get back up I lost my balance and turned a complete back flip! Luckily I landed on the soft sand and nothing was hurt except my pride! I looked around and no one was looking or they would have thought I was drunk or crazy or both! :laughing9: Another time in the same lot, I got down on my knees and couldn't get back up. So I had to crawl over to a swing pole and pull myself up. Hope you get back on your feet, or knees , whatever. Be careful! Monty

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Boy, I am sad to hear that so many other people have trouble with getting up like I do but I guess this is one of the "perks" we get past 21. Bummer!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you were up and about, but in the mean time how bout one of these? Might need to modify it with a filter scoop and wheels.

Attachments

• john_deer_digger_009.jpg
    john_deer_digger_009.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 429

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
sorry to hear it Mumszie. But the water is a bit chilly this time of year! just mend...

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with the surf lately, it's been hit and miss on targets where I hunt mumzie. There is some erosion, but there's little beach except of course where the wide open expanses of TI are. I was out yesterday and trust me, the surf wasn't welcoming at all and the wind was kicking butt sideways. I hunted for 3 hours and found a couple of bobbypins and 2 lmcs. Not worth posting at all.

good luck with the boot, pay attention to the doctors, they know more about those things then we do. :icon_sunny:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Just think of how all your spots will be overflowing with goodies when you get back in action :thumbsup:
Good Luck on a speedy recovery :hello:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I use my patented "inch worm" method to dig--- lie on ground wallowing along till its time to get up then bracing myself against anything I can use to pull myself up with.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivan we should have a contest to see which one of us looks the silliest when we are detecting! Mumzie could be the judge! :wink: Monty

cavador del oro

Feb 6, 2010
Hey you have a lot of company. Several years ago I thought I'd have to give up detecting but then I began to learn about all the digging aids out there. When the soil is at least a little damp I use a stand-up hole plugger that works great. I don't even have to bend over. This is one reason I went back to using Tesoro because they pinpoint dead-on. And I can mark the spot before plugging due to that hole in the center of the "donut" coil. Other times I use a long handled scoop or regular shovel.
Here's an ebay photo of my stand up digger. A guy in California was selling them about a year ago.
--Snowy

Attachments

• plugger.jpg
    plugger.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 271

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often carry a small spade designed just for digging plugs. But I usually have to wind up getting down on my hands and knees to be able to see what I dug up, especially dirty coins. And a lot of people think because I am carrying the small spade that I am going to dig a big hole. But I have learned to dig a plug just like with my little handheld digging tool. Mumzie, you're the greatest. I love a good sense of humor and so many here on Tnet are funny to visit with. Monty

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
sure hope you have some good books!! don't know if anyone is familiar with the movie "Dark Crystal" but one of the charecters is an old "woman" (or something) named Ogra. when she gets up or down, she gives a long grunt/moan/growl. I feel like her so I do the same. my kids love it! wait til they feel like Ogra!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mamma bear, I don't have to wait, I'm there now! Monty

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey Mumszie,

Sorry to hear of your condition, but there is a possible solution.
Go to your camping/hunting area at the local discount store and get one of the small, lightweight collapsible stools they sell.
Some have a strap for slinging over the shoulder and are very light.
Locate your target, sit down and get comfortable.
Best of luck.

BW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread