🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

That really stinks, sorry to hear that. Stop by the local pawn shops and put the word out if you can. What else can you do, police report? Hope you get it back, good luck.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post the serial number on all detecting sites too

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you are able to get it back. I had my older DFX stole couple years ago.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
the SOB who stole my PI Pro out of the back of my Blazer. My Surfmaster PI is at Whites being repaired/upgraded, no back up at the moment. I do have an old Excal, but I have to mod the newer alkaline pod to fit the original Excal. I'm pi$$ed.

GIBH,

Really sorry to hear about your detector being stolen.

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
I have been thinking about this for a while that this idea might work, there are different variations...using a lock like for a shotgun/rifle bolted to car? :dontknow:

c33b3211cebc827f9d40c2067edcac0b.jpg

51c05ae480b4ad94004fdf1079762a02.jpg

Just put the detector shaft in the collar or get a cable lock and put it through the hole in the search coil,cable secured to car.
bicycle%20steel%20cable%20lock-bscl203P1010011.jpg
minelab18khzcoil.jpg

whatcha think?

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
What a low life...I hope you find something that will more than recover your loss...Keep hunting!

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain,I had a Excal stolen out of my truck about 3 years ago.I hope you get it back or the peace of @hit that stolen it...........Cotton :tongue3:

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Download a copy of the free Craigspal software, and use it to do a search of all Craigslist sites, using your detector manufacturer name as the keyword.

You might get lucky and find someone trying to sell the detector. Or find a low cost replacement.

Bill

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone.

GuerillaBill said:
Download a copy of the free Craigspal software, and use it to do a search of all Craigslist sites, using your detector manufacturer name as the keyword.

You might get lucky and find someone trying to sell the detector. Or find a low cost replacement.

Bill

I will be keeping an eye on Craigslist and checking local pawn shops. I don't really need a replacement, I do still have the Surfmaster PI, just need to get it back. I was hoping to trade that one for a Sovereign, but looks like it will be a keeper for a while. I also have the Excal.

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
THATS CRAP. WHEN I WAS A COP I ALWAYS WOULD SAY, IF THE POPO DONT GETCHA THE MAN UP STAIRS WILL. IF THE LOW LIFE DONT STOP STEALING THEN THE MAN UP STAIRS WILL. :'( :'(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
Thanks everyone.

GuerillaBill said:

Bill

I will be keeping an eye on Craigslist and checking local pawn shops. I don't really need a replacement, I do still have the Surfmaster PI, just need to get it back. I was hoping to trade that one for a Sovereign, but looks like it will be a keeper for a while. I also have the Excal.

Do you have home owners insurance? It would be covered if you do, I have mine covered under my insurance, and even gave the insurance a list of my detectors with serial numbers.....

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Treasure_Hunter said:
GibH said:
Thanks everyone.

GuerillaBill said:

Bill

Do you have home owners insurance? It would be covered if you do, I have mine covered under my insurance, and even gave the insurance a list of my detectors with serial numbers.....

how much does that affect your insurance rate if you file a claim?

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I should have my Surfmaster back from repair by next week. I never did get a chance to compare the PI Pro to it, I bought the PI Pro because it was supposed to be more sensitive to small gold. I guess I will just have to settle for the BIG gold ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread