South beach Fl

sanddrifter

Dec 2, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi,

Well I went t South Beach yesterday to see what I could find. Bummed I didn't find some gold, oh well next time.
So I did pull up 8 pull tabs, 4 bobby pins, 3 batteries, 56 beer caps. Only one interesting thing the rest odds and ends... trash. My husband and I aren't sure what it is made of and assume it is for a mans necklace. Not sure what language either. So what are your ideas out there.
Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• DSC07783.jpg
    DSC07783.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 568
  • DSC07788.jpg
    DSC07788.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
The language appears to be Hebrew, unfortunately I don't read it. If you are still on South Beach there is a Jewish high school on Dade Boulevard just east of Washington Avenue. And another school in the old Howard Johnson's on 41st street just east of Alton. Somebody there should be able to help you.

Chip V.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Key of Solomon soul protection pendant.

A key for protecting people from harming situations, ie. car accidents, fires etc.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the interesting find :thumbsup: My Brother in law took a look and says the 04-6421020 is a phone number from the northern part of Israel which includes Haifa, Katzrin, Kiriat Shemona, Tiberias. The only part he can translate refers to a school. With what thrillathahunt says about it being a protection pendant, maybe the school or business gave them out.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love South beach,I just cant hunt there on the dry. :laughing9: :laughing9:..........Cotton :tongue3:

OP
OP
sanddrifter

sanddrifter

Dec 2, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Oh thank you all for all the information!!!! Well kinda funny, I feel I have a theme going on here.
I think I should be well protected now. My first good fine was in Dec. 09, a sterling silver necklace of St. Christopher (protector) with 2 gold bands on it and now my second fine is The Key Solomon, the protector. Hmmmm are they telling me something?

Does anyone have an idea what the Key is made of?

Thanks again for all the help, I couldn't figure it out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange your finding bobby pins, Excal should have nulled on them...

Did you get in the water? That is where most of the good finds are...

Better luck next time.... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
sanddrifter

sanddrifter

Dec 2, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Yeah I still dug everything even though it would null so I have bobby pins. I am new and and still worried I may miss something good. I did not get in the water, I need to tether my scoop and detector. If I find more gold I will feel better about not digging the null. I am still so unsure about everything. But i really love MDing.
Have you had success in South Beach?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sanddrifter said:
Yeah I still dug everything even though it would null so I have bobby pins. I am new and and still worried I may miss something good. I did not get in the water, I need to tether my scoop and detector. If I find more gold I will feel better about not digging the null. I am still so unsure about everything. But i really love MDing.
Have you had success in South Beach?

I would not be tethering both the scoop and detector to you in the water, if you step in a hole you want to be able to get out. I use the harness with bungee, it really helps support the detector and takes all the weight off your arm, but I do not tether scoop to me while in the water. I stepped off the back side of a sandbar and went down about 7 foot, I almost had to let go of both scoop and detector to climb out as the sand bar kept collapsing as I tried to climb back up and I was becoming concerned about drowning. (Drowning is NOT an option)

I have dug hundreds of nulls with my Excals, and never found anything but iron on solid nulls. If it nulls both directions, and you get NO other signals it is iron, if it nulls and also gives you any signal (sound) from any direction, DIG IT..... Gold and iron together will null and give you a quick signal at the same time.....Iron by itself will null both directions constantly, unless it is a huge piece of iron....

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I teather both scoop & detector to bungee attached 2 a quick release belt. For serious conditions I use this

Attachments

• 1657797_i-826580a-t-1.jpg
    1657797_i-826580a-t-1.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 376
OP
OP
sanddrifter

sanddrifter

Dec 2, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
wow, that is scary about the sandbar. I have been wearing the controls around my waist because I do not have the straight bar yet and it helps with the weight. So it sounds like I should not detect with it around my waist if I get in the water. at this time I only plan to go about waist deep (I hope gold is in that area). I know I don't feel comfortable going out real deep at this time.

So with the scoop, I guess I still need to tie a rope on it and someone mentioned a floater? How do I do that?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sanddrifter said:
wow, that is scary about the sandbar. I have been wearing the controls around my waist because I do not have the straight bar yet and it helps with the weight. So it sounds like I should not detect with it around my waist if I get in the water. at this time I only plan to go about waist deep (I hope gold is in that area). I know I don't feel comfortable going out real deep at this time.

So with the scoop, I guess I still need to tie a rope on it and someone mentioned a floater? How do I do that?

The swimming pool noodle is what I use...Get them at walmart, about 6 foot long foam, maybe 3 inches thick, hollow down the center...Maybe $1.99-$2.99

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
If U get a Sunspot or the other one made in MI they will have wooden handles & they float ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread