Finding those not so evident hotspots....(video)

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
The beach is "sanded in" in alot of places unless you know where to look......check out my new video.....and lets see if we could find those elusive hotspots....

The Jersey Shore Beach and Surf Hunters

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=54483518009&ref=mf

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As always, another great video.

I'm really fascinated by sand action at the beach.

I'm located In Southern California and most of my hunting used to be recent drops in the dry sand ...THEN I got a PI (a year+ back) and I'm loving to hunt the wet sand. I stay ankle deep at most and concentrate on low tide action and storm turmoiled sand for my finds.

I've watched coins being flipped around and getting tossed up a beach ... but I am of the opinion that gold and silver jewelery tends to sink in the sand and most likely will be found very close to their drop spot.

I'd like to get your opinion on this.

HH Joe

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
DrJoePrime said:
As always, another great video.

I'm really fascinated by sand action at the beach.

I'm located In Southern California and most of my hunting used to be recent drops in the dry sand ...THEN I got a PI (a year+ back) and I'm loving to hunt the wet sand. I stay ankle deep at most and concentrate on low tide action and storm turmoiled sand for my finds.

I've watched coins being flipped around and getting tossed up a beach ... but I am of the opinion that gold and silver jewelery tends to sink in the sand and most likely will be found very close to their drop spot.

I'd like to get your opinion on this.

HH Joe

I believe that even heavy gold will move around with the storm tides and heavy currents.....the thing is that most of the gold lost is of the lighter variety,,,,so naturally most people find the lighter stuff like earrings and thin band rings....so it is assumed by alot of folks that the reason that they aren't finding many big rings is because it is deep in a hole somewhere out of reach of our coils as that may be true to a degree The fact remains that the big rings are fewer and farther between compared to the coins and fishing sinkers found out there....just keep on poking around in those low spots on the beach and listen for those deeeeeeep whispers in pinpoint mode and dig out the signal to check in disc.....believe me it is worth the extra work !!

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Nice video and greenies. :thumbsup: Reminds me of a recent hunt where I found a nice erosion slope and saw a couple of green nickels exposed ON THE SURFACE! Oh boy, I thought, this is gonna be good. I proceeded to dig 48 nickels and 16 pull tabs in 3 hours, then finally got a ring, but it wasn't gold. I was running the E-Trac and after I dug a few quarters and dimes, I used a "gold program" to discriminate out the higher conductors to increase my chances of finding some gold. It didn't work out, but still the right strategy, given my limited time there. I realize some higher carat and larger gold items will register in the zinc range, but since a majority of gold will be closer to the nickel and pull tab range, I'm willing to 'gamble', just to avoid digging the zinc pennies. :headbang:

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
bravowhiskey said:
I sure enjoy your videos and tips on reading the beach. A guy could actually learn something if he wasn't real careful. Thanx.

Ha ha, true! I am stuck in a faraway place and it's been almost 6 months without my md... Tough I tell you! So all the videos and posts are my entertainment (and studies!) for now. Thanks for all of the show-and-tell!

OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread