Destin Fl.

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Public beaches are fair game from the average high tide line to the water. Stay off private and state/federal property, it's marked, and out of my way in the morning before I have my coffee.

Stay off the dunes and leave the turtle nests alone. Beyond that, enjoy.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Steve,

If you have never been there, get ready to see some of the most amazing beaches in the world at the Emerald Coast. Sugar sand and emerald green water. As for hunting, I have spent many hours in the water there. The sands shift drastically in that area. You have to have a good eye for cuts and washes. Some of the more heavily used beaches are best. You will find a really good and heavily used beach on Old Hwy 98 across from the backside of Seascape resort. It is in the Sandestin area which is further east friom Destin. Don't overlook the public beaches in Walton County all along old Hwy 98. There is free parking there and you can hunt all you want with no restrictions other than the park closure hours. You will generally find that there is moderate amounts of bottle caps on the beaches in the Destin, Sandestin and Fort Walton area. This is due to the fact that they don't use beach sweepers in that area which is a good thing in one way. Most of what was there is there if it hasn't been found of course. If you want a treat, look on line and find directions to Grayton Beach, Fl. It is not a bad drive and the beach there is seldom hunted. It is an old beach town. How old? I found the initials of my best friend's parents carved there on a tree when they were young lovers and they are over 80 now. There have been people hanging out at Grayton for generations. It has a similar feel to Key West there. Put Garfield Street into your GPS and there is free public parking at the end of Garfield facing the beach where it is just a short walk to the water.

You should have a great time in the Panhandle of Florida. I grew up there until I was 12 my dad was killed there in a traffic accident back in the early 1960's and we moved away but my Mom and sisters have since moved back and I hunt there often. I have not had the luck there that I have down in the Tampa/St. Pete area but there is gold and goodies to be found.

Good Luck,

DaChief

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
See, I didn't have coffee and you got the short answer from me !

Yes, Navarre has sweepers, but you still get good finds as the beach is a quick change over, storms are constantly messing with it, and cuts are easier to see as it was a reclaimed beach just two springs ago.

BONUS, There are no longer open containers on Pensacola area beaches, so I'm hoping that the cap count goes way way down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread