Time between Finds

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For that you need to define value? If your poor and living the streets loose change is value. Again you shouldn't have bought a detector! If your looking to strike it rich, you might be going more than 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Well if there's nothing to be found in the first place, you won't find anything. You have to be in
the right place at the right time. I for sure will not be going out expecting to find any gold, if I do
then I see it as a lucky day. I am prepared to find a ton of junk before anything good.

Sturgell

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
???????
Would it have been too hard to make 1 thread with all your questions or was 5 necessary? To me it sounds like you are expecting to find a ton of money metal detecting, you will have better luck making an hourly wage at a job.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
LOL....3 months? ....Have you seen my posts?....If I were into metal detecting to find something valuable .....well... lets just say... if rust was considered valuable.....I'de own the world :tongue3:

I think we all started out thinking we were going to hit that mother lode...but,most people here have found that the true treasure we have gained are the friendships made within the Tnet community and the vast amount of highly knowledgable people, who are generous in sharing that knowledge..

That said , I agree that each person has a different view of what they deem a treasure. I have spent the last 18 months researching and collecting from the same project with my friend stevesno.......the knowledge gained and lessons learned in that time were highly valuable to both of us......

Fortunes have been made here...some through hard research and many days in the field and some by pure dumb luck.

If you intent was to find a valuable cache or treasure, it will take more than a metal detector......so if that is the case, this hobby probally isnt the one for you,
Good Luck!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on what one considers is valuable.....

I haven't found anything of extreme value (over $50) since August. But, I've found junk (treasure in some eyes) while scuba diving on some shipwrecks.

For some the value of the hunt is just getting out there to see the beach, sunset, sunrise, animal life, etc

The nice thing about this hobby is that it is one of a few that actually pays for itself over time. :thumbsup:

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the beach I have been finding at least 2 rings every other time. last time out 6 hours I must have dug over 300 targets Mostly pull tabs and foil. looking forward to next time

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a ring a trip for 19 or so trips, but I stay at the condo and hunt 4 or 5 times during the weekend...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread