Im sold on Excal!!

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
I'm sold on Excal!!

Today I tried out a friend's excal & I'm totally sold on it. He threw down a gold ring, silver ring, some coins & I threw down a coat hanger type metal piece, in the dirt. The excal would not sound on the metal junk. And it gave distinctive different sounds on the gold, silver, and coins.

I am going to buy a Excal. It works great underwater as well as on land. My friend is a very knowledgeable & experienced metal detector hobbyist.

skt

p.s. Thanks TH!! :headbang:

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm sold on Excal!!

time4me said:
Florida Sand Digger said:
Well I guess I'm going to find out what all the hype is all about concerning these excal machines. I just bought a used Excal 1000 from a fellow club member. So for the next couple of evenings I will be doing some air tests to learn the multitude of sounds this thing is sopose to make. I am anxious to get to the beach with it too.

Hi there Florida Sand Digger!

Don't get too concerned if you don't seem to be getting very good depth while air-testing your excalibur. They don't air-test very deep. You can use air-testing to hear and understand the different sounds you'll get from various targets, but in order to get the depth performance the machine is capable of, the target needs to be in the ground "matrix", whether dirt or sand. I personally think that even the different tones on various targets (i.e., penny vs. quarter vs. nickel vs. gold ring) do not come across during air-testing as good as they do when you are actually detecting out on the beach.

Good luck!!!!!!

Time4me is correct, ignore the airtest. I sent you a IM, check it, I may have something for you you will like better then the airtest......

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter said:
time4me said:
Florida Sand Digger said:
Well I guess I'm going to find out what all the hype is all about concerning these excal machines. I just bought a used Excal 1000 from a fellow club member. So for the next couple of evenings I will be doing some air tests to learn the multitude of sounds this thing is sopose to make. I am anxious to get to the beach with it too.

Hi there Florida Sand Digger!

Don't get too concerned if you don't seem to be getting very good depth while air-testing your excalibur. They don't air-test very deep. You can use air-testing to hear and understand the different sounds you'll get from various targets, but in order to get the depth performance the machine is capable of, the target needs to be in the ground "matrix", whether dirt or sand. I personally think that even the different tones on various targets (i.e., penny vs. quarter vs. nickel vs. gold ring) do not come across during air-testing as good as they do when you are actually detecting out on the beach.

Good luck!!!!!!

Time4me is correct, ignore the airtest. I sent you a IM, check it, I may have something for you you will like better then the airtest......

Can you send it to me also Treasure_Hunter as I haven't tried my Excal 1000 yet. Thanks, Charlie

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sandsifter said:
Me too treasure hunter

Sent you an IM....

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used

Hi Treasure_Hunter (Marty), what is it that you are IMing folks?? Can I get in on it??

ttyl, susan, kelly, tinky

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used

MT Pockets said:
If I remember correctly.. When you purchase a Minelab detector.. Minelab add's an
info card in "RED" that says.. Minelab machine do NOT "AirTest" well..

I came across the paper the other day.. but can't find it now.. But, when I do find it I'll
take a picture of it and post it for everyone. :read2:

I have the owner's manual also, that I got online. lol. I don't even have the machine yet, but I got the pdf owners manual!! lol.. I can see if there is any reference in there too. And we can perhaps call or email Minelab & ask them too?

skt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FloridaTreasureFinder said:
MT Pockets said:
If I remember correctly.. When you purchase a Minelab detector.. Minelab add's an

I came across the paper the other day.. but can't find it now.. But, when I do find it I'll

I have the owner's manual also, that I got online. lol. I don't even have the machine yet, but I got the pdf owners manual!! lol.. I can see if there is any reference in there too. And we can perhaps call or email Minelab & ask them too?

skt

No need to call Minelab, it is known fact they don't airtest well, but they sure as heck work at the beach!!! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used

Treasure_Hunter said:
FloridaTreasureFinder said:
MT Pockets said:

skt

No need to call Minelab, it is known fact they don't airtest well, but they sure as heck work at the beach!!! :icon_thumright:

Sounds good to me TH!! ;D

skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread