CZ 21 ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not have a CZ-21 but I do a CZ-20. The only difference is a different battery door and pinpoint button as the guts are the same.

It is a well designed water unit an very well made. I GB in Autotune and sometimes hunt in Autotune. Mostly I detect with disc at 0 so it responds to all signals with the 3 tones. Depending where I am I will usually not scoop the low tones or the high coin tones and just pick up the mid tones which are either pull tabs, nickles or gold rings. Course some white gold rings are down in the foil range of low tones.

If I am scooping for a deep target and it is a high coin tone I might just pull the sand back in the hole an move on. But if it is a mid tone I'll scoop to China.

OP
OP
J

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
Thanks sandman! Does the CZ21 go very deep? Would I be better off to get an excaliber?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you be better off with an Excal, heck yes!!! When you set the CZ-21 so it discriminates out a large nail and lay a gold ring down on top of the nail and get no signal and do the same thing with the Excal and get a good Growl gold signal, you'll know why the Excal is my #1. It is also deeper than the CZ!

drybones48

Apr 20, 2009
Cuyahoga Falls, Oh
Detector(s) used
CZ21 CZ3D Tesoro Cortez
Had one for 2 years, when they first came out. They had 2 diodes then. sent mine back because of leaks. Sent me the new version,broke in 2 months. sent me another ,that broke. Sent me a new unite. It has been working now for 6 months without a problem. when working correctly, second to none. It will not find Gold chains. You can take a gold chain and rub it on the coil. nothing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread