Bayside resort - updated...

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
I am going to try a spot that used to be a bayside beach resort around the turn of the century. This place still sees some use so it has probably been detected before. I am trying to find out more information about the location, but I have never detected on a beach before. I am a surf fisherman and a formers beach patrol guard, so I am familiar with rips, cuts, troughs, and sandbars. I have read about people reading the beach to locate likely treasure spots. Do any of you have any advice about what to look for and where to start on a new beach site? It is a saltwater beach located on a bay with some recent Noreaster activity.

Thanks for your help.

Fathead

Well, we got to the spot after two days of 40 + MPH winds and there was no beach. Either the typical 25 -30 ft of exposed sand was washed away right up to the rip-rap or there was so much water pushed into the bay that is was just flooded.

On the up side the sandy soil was easy to dig and I found a copper (modern) ring at a tot lot near the beach.
Thanks to all who gave advice.

FH

Upvote 0

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
Re: Bayside resort

I suggest you either page down on this site or go to You Tube and watch the videos posted by Surfdigger. There are several and all are a wealth of info on exactly what you are looking for and you can see it in the video instead of having it described.

:icon_thumleft:Stuart

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bring me!

Just kidding, look up Sandman and look up the Goldenolde its an old web site that is the best you will find. I think Sandman learned from him

OP
OP
fathead

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505

Wow! That site is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the fast and helpful responses from all of you. I have a lot of reading to do. I will let you know how I do on Saturday.

Thanks again!

Fathead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread