Feb 23rd at Englewood beach and Boca Grande FL

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
We have cuts! Sorry I cannot show the photos right now but can tell you that they are about 4' + cuts at Boca Grande at the lighthouse park area. Englewood was about 2-3 ft cuts and they were finding sharks teeth there like crazy today.

I only detected at Boca Grande just past Gasparilla today in the deep cuts. Found along with some clad a very large caliber shell. Unfortunately I was kind of pressed for time so only got a couple hours in detecting. But got a hit every 5-10 minutes with the Minelab FBS Safari and that was a medium tide.

We had lunch at the Gulf View Grille in Englewood right across from the beach park. The food was wonderful, wife had the Tuscan Chicken and I had the shrimp scampi. Totally awesome!

Was truly the most fun I have had in a long time got some fresh air, good exercise and this neat find of the high caliber shell.
Next stop, St Augustine after a quick stop at Kellyco Detectors!

Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SOUNDS like Big Fun :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Boca Grande is the place where the Billionaires go live when they get tired of living around just Millionaires.

While Englewood is the opposite - an affordable place with good fishing, good beaches and low real estate prices.

Both are nice places to visit, and sometimes good places to metal detect.

By the way, you beat the cold wave, rain and wind by a day . . .

Bill

Baja Vinnie

Jan 14, 2010
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 Fisher F5
Cuts are like doorways to treasure that open and then close real quick!!! Go back and hit those spots HARD before they're gone. The best of luck!

BV

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread