On an Excalibur II 15" WOT or 10" standard coil?

sflsweeper

Greenie
Feb 25, 2010
On an Excalibur II 15" WOT or 10" standard coil?

I have just recently changed my coil to a 15" WOT and I am not sure I like it. Can you experienced guys tell me which one you think is better and for what reason. I have been told the 15" goes deeper but I am not getting the results I was getting from my 10" coil. It may be me but I was wondering if I could get some input before I switch them back.
Thanks

Upvote 0

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Re: On an Excalibur II 15" WOT or 10" standard coil?

Congrats on getting your new excal. I've seen several people lately getting their new excal. I am also getting one this coming March. Mine just has a standard 10" coil.

I know that Treasure_Hunter has a wot coil. He can tell you all about it and give you some feedback..

Good luck on your hunting,

skt ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: On an Excalibur II 15" WOT or 10" standard coil?

I have been using the 15 inch WOT for almost 3 years now. You would have to beat me with a club to get me to go back to the stock 10 inch coil. I have 2 Excals, one of them has the WOT spliced on, I have a waterproofed Sovereign GT that has a WOT hardwired on, I have another Sov GT that has both a WOT and a SEF 15x18 Butterfly coil to use............

Just based on my experienced, WOT is a lot deeper coil, and all 3 of mine are hot coils, meaning they all 3 sound off when target is outside of coil, but with in an inch of the coils edge....Never thought to measure how deep they register outside the coil, just know they see targets when just out side the coil.....

Personally I have no trouble at all pinpointing with the WOTs or the SEF, and I have no trouble swinging the WOT in the surf..............

I am currently looking for a Sunray S-12 coil for my other Excal......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread