Exact Location of Finds

Overkill Overkill

Feb 18, 2010
Hello all,

Can someone please enlighten me as to what a "cut" is? I believe someone on this forum was referring to where they found a ring. Is a cut where the shoreline, or 'gutter,' is?

Also, I realize it's not an exact science, but would you say most of your good targets are found in wet sand up until about 2 inches of water, followed by 2 inches to about knee-high water, followed by knee-high to 10' water, followed by dry sand?

Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A "cut" is when the water comes in and erodes the sand and literally cuts into it, leaving an abrupt drop off... typically pretty close to the water, though during hurricanes and big storms, it can cut into the same much further up the beach.

Bran <><

Large cut as an example...

Attachments

• cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 623

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Goto Youtube, check out surfdiggers video's, Bruce and Him are masters of beach conditions, And he shares his secrets in his videos, well worth watching....Joe

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there 2 types of cut mainly

the first one is a long groove in the beach -than runs the water down quickly back to the sea --its cuts into the sand deeply exposing deeper areas some times all the way down to bed rock when items often settle over the years thus its a great place to look for old treasure coins and old stuff lost long ago

the second type can be a whole section like above with the cliff face type conditions

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many different types of cuts, most cuts I find look like a small trench or ditch 2 foot or less wide.....Also look for low areas where sand still looks very wet or holding water, while sand all around it looks just damp.....Look for holes in the water casued by rip tides.......

We found a deep hole one day on east coast beach of Florida, formed from a rip tide morning after a sub-tropical storm, hole went from mid calf to waist/chest deep in one step and was about 20 yards wide, 40-50 yards long. We were pulling up clay in our scoops. Over a hundred rings came out of that hole by hunters in a couple days before the tide filled it back in.

Majority of the jewelry I find is between ankle and chest deep, averaging out to about waist deep. I found one diamond ring less then 2 foot from the wooden steps leading to a shower, found another diamond ring inside a sand castle in the wet sand, found 2 diamond earrings waist deep on different ocassions. On best hunt, found Ladies aquamarine with diamonds in the gutter line, and a gold wedding band 2 foot away still in gutter line 30 secs apart, then found man's diamond ring and old high school ring in wet sand from the high tide 20 foot apart followed by a silver ring, all were found with in a 2 hour time period on a 4th of July. Have found 3 more small diamond rings waist to chest deep in water, and many more gold rings mid calf to chest deep..............

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Would anyone like to buy the Brooklyn bridge? Cheap.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montauk3 said:
Would anyone like to buy the Brooklyn bridge? Cheap.

Is it up for sale on ebay again? I was out bid last time. :laughing7:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a large beach cut!

Attachments

• stairsbefore.jpg
    stairsbefore.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 350

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions