Coming to a town near you???

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's the exact reason why I'd never report anything I find. If you dig something, trouble always seems to come about when you open your mouth. I don't know about others, but my mom taught me to just keep my mouth shut sometimes. ::) Not volunteering information isn't lying.

Bran <><

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
I think their system is a darn site better than ours though. Dig up a tin can in a national forest and get prosecuted. At least their system allows metal detecting, Very few items are actually classified as treasure and even if it is, if it isn't of interest to museums you will probably get it back.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well gee, if you really want to get technical, all us USA guys are probably already breaking several levels of laws, each time you/we find a ring, for example. Or if you find a coin that sell on ebay. Or all that clad that you roll up and take to the bank, etc....

Here's what I mean: any financial gains you make, are you reporting them on your income tax? ::) Or were you aware that if you find an item worth (varies state by state) over something like $500, that you must first turn it in to the police lost & found. If no one claims it in 30 days, only then can you keep it. And if it's worth over a certain threshold dollar amount (I don't have the law right in front of me), the police are required to run a "found" ad in the newspaper for a certain # of days. If no one turns up in the 30 days, then you can keep it AFTER you pay the price of that newspaper publication. But seriously, do any of us do this? (be honest). And does anything ever become of it? :icon_scratch:

I mean, if we all thought about it long enough, and hard enough, we'd all just stay at home in our own backyards, eh? ::) I'm betting what happened to the poor young lady in the link was a VERY rare case indeed. I mean, for pete's sake, she wasn't even an md'r!

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
...........and loose lips sink ships Only way 2 people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread