All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FloridaTreasureFinder ,

You didn't offend any of us, we gave you straight answers. One member said he thought we should just give a straight yes no answer, but I like many others didn't think a yes/no answer was the best answer. As far as I am concerned in my personal opinion all of your questions have been legit....

A kid can take a shovel to the beach and dig a hole to China with his parents watching and no one will think or say a word about it, someone metal detecting digs a 2 foot hole with a shovel and you have someone complaining to the local city council that we are tearing up the beach and wants us banned. It isn't right, but that is the way it is.....It is why I said I try to attract as little attention as possible when detecting...... In the dead of night it would be different, but in the middle of the day digging with a shovel would attract the wrong kind of attention, plus the odds of digging the hole in the exact location above gold rings is very, very slim.

Good luck and stay safe..... Let me know when your in "Moose" country.... :wink:

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Treasure_Hunter said:
FloridaTreasureFinder ,

You didn't offend any of us, we gave you straight answers. One member said he thought we should just give a straight yes no answer, but I like many others didn't think a yes/no answer was the best answer. As far as I am concerned in my personal opinion all of your questions have been legit....

A kid can take a shovel to the beach and dig a hole to China with his parents watching and no one will think or say a word about it, someone metal detecting digs a 2 foot hole with a shovel and you have someone complaining to the local city council that we are tearing up the beach and wants us banned. It isn't right, but that is the way it is.....It is why I said I try to attract as little attention as possible when detecting...... In the dead of night it would be different, but in the middle of the day digging with a shovel would attract the wrong kind of attention, plus the odds of digging the hole in the exact location above gold rings is very, very slim.

Good luck and stay safe..... Let me know when your in "Moose" country.... :wink:

Hi TH, right now I'm in Kentucky. There looks to be a good spot for hunting, but it's too cold to stay out longer than 15 min!! Bummer. But that's ok, the weather is warming up. Spring is my favorite time of year. Warm but not too hot, beautiful flowers in bloom, no snow, etc..

Yeah, I hear ya on the shovel thing. I would not think of doing something like that in daylight. Night, or sunrise, maybe. The chance of me finding anything, like you said, would be very slim for my efforts. I grew up at the beach in Calif and always noticed the tides, and the storm surge, and beach corrosion, etc.. I have an eye for what mother nature does to the beaches. Moves sand. Dumps it all over the place. Spreads it around. Just does her thing!! lol..

I'm on my way to Arkansas. Will be there tomorrow. I'm trying to get to Lincoln to get a new truck. It's taking them awhile to get me there!! That's trucking for ya.

I'll let you know when I'm in moose country. I should be home around the 15th, I hope.

ttyl, skt

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Montauk3 said:
erikk said:
Montauk3 said:
What Excalibur III? Tell us, c'mon.

The one that can tell the difference between gold rings and pull tabs and has a scoop on the shaft that automatically scoops it up.........................
Three, I want three of them. Where can I get them. Did I mention that I want three of them? Get me just two of them and I'll be your best friend.

Actually, I'd settle for just one.

Attachments

• smiley_faces.jpg
    smiley_faces.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 427
  • smiley_faces.jpg
    smiley_faces.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 428

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: :laughing9: Look, a lot of these posts are answered with boring, long drawn out technical answers that would put anyone to sleep. Straight forward, honest and to the point answers. Then there are those of us that like to inject little bits of "that struck me funny" answers. They are not meant as mean or beating around the bush answers. Keeping a chuckle in some of the answers or questions keeps everyone coming back. Boring will shut the sight down. I like reading clever answers, funny answers and even dumb answers to repetitive questions. Don't take offense or get mad at answers you consider beating around the bush. Question; "Can I bring a shovel to the beach?" Answer; Yes, but check with the person taking care of the beach and get permission." End of thread..... Come on, a sense of humor is not required but is greatly appreciated. Even though the question may have been asked a hundred times we still get the person asking it an honest answer. This thread would have been dead weeks ago. As it is now, the other newbies can see that it has been answered and people are poking short sticks at a grizzly. If you can not have fun and take a little poking without getting upset over a few of us posting stupid little pictures or jokes then you need to take a rest and come back in a better mood. "Smile when you say that Pardner!"

:notworthy: :laughing9: :tongue3: ;D :laughing7:

Attachments

• bearsign.jpg
    bearsign.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 362

Tommy Torquemada

Mar 10, 2010
ron lord said:
We have a lot of new huntters on all these site and ask question,because they don't know the answers.So why can we just tell them what they need to know without Beatting around the bush.I've been hunting for over 30 year, helping a newbie is a good thing to do and help save our hobby.

I started out in the LRL forum on this site. It was and is challenging and interesting. Great place to learn imo, provided you have a thick skin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions