Surfs up in hawaii!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most shores of the islands of hawaii will have really low tides.Right before the Tsunami hits the beaches.There was a 9.0 earthquake in chilli last night.

Surfs up!

HONOLULU -- The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center early on Saturday morning placed Hawaii and most of the Pacific Region under a tsunami warning after a destructive earthquake measuring 8.8 struck the central coast of Chile.

Civil Defense said it will set off the sirens at 6 a.m. for people to evacuate coastal areas.

The quake's epicenter was off shore about 200 miles southwest of Chile's capital of Santiago and 21 miles deep, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The major quake put surrounding areas under a tsunami warning. Waves up to nearly 8 feet have been reported along the South American coastline.

The quake struck at about 8:30 p.m. Hawaii time.

The tsunami warning covers South America, Antarctica, the islands in the Pacific Ocean through Japan and as far away as Russia.

Scientists at the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said if a tsunami were to reach the state it would not be any larger than the waves that already washed onto Chile's coast.

The earliest Hawaii would see changes in the sea level would be 11:19 a.m. Saturday, officials said.

watch the beaches LIVE on webcams before you venture out to the beaches.

http://hawaiianbeachcams.com/beachcams/beachcams/locations.html

Upvote 0
OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the whole show on cnn plus a few other news sites in hawaii.It was a total joke.No tsunami.The tide was going out by the time the tsunami was supposed to hit as a normal tide,all the news teams were saying "look! the water is reseding!"I was waiting for some stoopid reporter to get in the water and have the cameras on him watching the water rise up kinda like they do here in florida standing on the beaches in the middle of a hurricane.They had chased everyone from the shorelines cept for a few smart surfers.Also i called the dial-a bouy in the pacific for over so called 20 active bouys and every single one was broken and had no data.All these bouys belong to NOAA and they dont work?WTF?Only one bouy worked and it was 10 miles offshore,alot of good thats gonna do for a early warning.Also the tsunami task force there pirated all the webcams on hotels for thier own enjoyment and no one outside thier circle could even watch the cams.(hotel webcam servers can handle a massive load)Do you really think that a earthquake tens of thousand miles away could really generate a tsunami bigger than 2 feet?Im from hawaii and was there for several tsunami warnings,same BS nothing ever happened and it never will unless theres a considerable drop in the ocean floor or tecktonic plates close by.Once again the media over there caused a bunch of un called for hype,the people panic'ed and raided all the open stores and gas stations.There was even looting.Where are they gonna go?They are on a island!You run for the hills!The idiot gov there was telling people that they are safe 4 floors up in high rises.If they had,had a real tsunami that say had a wall of 60 feet or more those people would all be dead along with the idiot gov cause he was there with them.When i went to the U of H to get my oceanography degree i studied all this stuff.Plus Kitv banned me from thier chatroom for voiceing my opinion.But i got back in then they shut the chat down(losers).Im just really glad i dont live on oahu anymore.

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
I am glad that it turned out to be mild and no one was injured and no damages. Who knows? It could of been very bad?? The weather has been extremely weird these past few years. I think, possibly, starting w/Katrina, or perhaps the 4 hurricanes in one year (2004) in Florida.

Weird weather and earth growing pains?? I just hope this will all mellow out now and no more extreme weather or occurences.

One can hope anyway!! lol.. I am a truck driver and the past couple years I've thought to myself, that this is not a good time to be a trucker. The weather has just gotten so extreme!! It's tough for us to do our jobs in it!!

skt

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
I watched the whole show on cnn plus a few other news sites in hawaii.It was a total joke.No tsunami.The tide was going out by the time the tsunami was supposed to hit as a normal tide,all the news teams were saying "look! the water is reseding!"I was waiting for some stoopid reporter to get in the water and have the cameras on him watching the water rise up kinda like they do here in florida standing on the beaches in the middle of a hurricane.They had chased everyone from the shorelines cept for a few smart surfers.Also i called the dial-a bouy in the pacific for over so called 20 active bouys and every single one was broken and had no data.All these bouys belong to NOAA and they dont work?WTF?Only one bouy worked and it was 10 miles offshore,alot of good thats gonna do for a early warning.Also the tsunami task force there pirated all the webcams on hotels for thier own enjoyment and no one outside thier circle could even watch the cams.(hotel webcam servers can handle a massive load)Do you really think that a earthquake tens of thousand miles away could really generate a tsunami bigger than 2 feet?Im from hawaii and was there for several tsunami warnings,same BS nothing ever happened and it never will unless theres a considerable drop in the ocean floor or tecktonic plates close by.Once again the media over there caused a bunch of un called for hype,the people panic'ed and raided all the open stores and gas stations.There was even looting.Where are they gonna go?They are on a island!You run for the hills!The idiot gov there was telling people that they are safe 4 floors up in high rises.If they had,had a real tsunami that say had a wall of 60 feet or more those people would all be dead along with the idiot gov cause he was there with them.When i went to the U of H to get my oceanography degree i studied all this stuff.Plus Kitv banned me from thier chatroom for voiceing my opinion.But i got back in then they shut the chat down(losers).Im just really glad i dont live on oahu anymore.

Did you forget about Hilo in 1960?

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/1994/94_05_20.html

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Media Loves this stuff,,,,,,you should see the reporters in Florida during a hurricane .Guzz

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
FISHEYE said:
...After listening to you ramble on with your b.s., your last sentence makes me happy :angry7:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread