cant find the water scoop im looking for help!

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
frankie said:
I saw a 14 in wide scoop with a wooden handle and only the bottom part had a cage on it the sharp end it was open. it looks like a reg dirt shovel,but has a small cage where you step. does anyone know of a site where i can get one of these. the only site i could find,cant get them anymore. frank live in mass

Are you sure it was a 14 inch wide scoop? That is very wide, you sure you dont mean it was 14 inches long?

Did it look like this?
StealthScoops.jpg

Sunspot Stealth Scoops

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger then a 14 inche wide scoop would be good for you.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14 inch wide scoop :o christ thats a SNOW SHOVEL for a garden trowel job . I give you a dozen waist deep scoops an you'll be done for the day .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
14 inch wide scoop :o christ thats a SNOW SHOVEL for a garden trowel job . I give you a dozen waist deep scoops an you'll be done for the day .

How is your weather out there Tank?

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right 14 inches is alot of scoop. yes that the type of scoop im looking for,but theirs one that i like better, but the guy stopped making them and he cant get anymore. heres the site that their on[ pro stock metal detectors] then go down to plainwell kalamazoo battlecreek grand. you see on their site about 1/2 down the scoop i like. its very well made. thanks for your time. i hunt for coins on the beach with my minelab 4000.i just ordered two excaliburs for when they come in,but want a nice scoop for the water that gets the objects the first time.my 6 in s/s misses them all the time. ive had about every machine that out their,and even put the wot coil on my old excalibur,but didnt like it.now im going to work the water with my girlfriend who is just starting to get interested in detecting. im hooked so bad into this,that i need some help.ive spent thousands and thousands of dollars.but im glade im not the only one who has this problem. thanks again for your help frank

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want a big scoop they dont get much bigger then this
http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/graphics/rtgscoops_files/h8big.jpg

Here is the biggest of big scoops we are adding to our line of RTG scoops. The RTG 8" Hercules Stainless Water Scoop is EXTREMELY BIG. The bucket is made of 304 stainless steel 8" in diameter by 9-1/4" long. The bucket has 5/8" holes punched through-out the bucket. The 1-1/4" diameter handle is stainless steel. We have added a balance grab handle so you can pick the scoop up easier when filled with sand. The balance grab handle is placed about 14" up from the top of the bucket. The bucket is 14 gauge stainless steel. There is also a 1" stainless steel bar welded to the top of the scoop for bucket strength. There is a round stainless tubing welded on the back of the bucket to the handle for strength and for a foot kicker. There are 2 rubber hand grips for comfort. This scoop is made for shallow water hunting. (On this scoop only we are offering a 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. This warranty does not cover mis use of the water scoop.) Made in the U.S.A. (Including with this scoop is a copy of our Beach Bank book and Hurricane Treasure book) This scoop weighs about 9 pounds.

Attachments

• h8big.jpg
    h8big.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 392

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
You want a big scoop they dont get much bigger then this
http://www.tcmetaldetectors.com/graphics/rtgscoops_files/h8big.jpg

Here is the biggest of big scoops we are adding to our line of RTG scoops. The RTG 8" Hercules Stainless Water Scoop is EXTREMELY BIG. The bucket is made of 304 stainless steel 8" in diameter by 9-1/4" long. The bucket has 5/8" holes punched through-out the bucket. The 1-1/4" diameter handle is stainless steel. We have added a balance grab handle so you can pick the scoop up easier when filled with sand. The balance grab handle is placed about 14" up from the top of the bucket. The bucket is 14 gauge stainless steel. There is also a 1" stainless steel bar welded to the top of the scoop for bucket strength. There is a round stainless tubing welded on the back of the bucket to the handle for strength and for a foot kicker. There are 2 rubber hand grips for comfort. This scoop is made for shallow water hunting. (On this scoop only we are offering a 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. This warranty does not cover mis use of the water scoop.) Made in the U.S.A. (Including with this scoop is a copy of our Beach Bank book and Hurricane Treasure book) This scoop weighs about 9 pounds.

Beach Brute II is larger....It is 8.5 inch wide, 12 inch deep and 6 inch high, weighing in at 4.9 pounds and it is also made by RTG which makes excellent scoops.....

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres mine , I use it in the water oin the beach an in sand tot lots .

Attachments

• SDC10496.JPG
    SDC10496.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 348
  • SDC10496.JPG
    SDC10496.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 324

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Tank69 said:

How is your weather out there Tank?

Hey TH we been gettin alot of rain this winter , the sunny days have been decent temps tho . Theres been enough rain that just about time you get excited an ready to break out the dry washer it rains on us again.

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
LOL those are all small scoops, look at my avatar! I made this one myself and yes everyone else that has seen it shakes their heads. I call it Scoopzilla. Because it's the monster of water scoops. I do walk a little crooked getting out of the water after 6 to 8 hours od detecting and digging. I'm 6'1' and the handle is 6 foot long.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it at [ treasures down under] only 1 big one left but has a few small ones left. the guy is starting to make them again. i have a bad back and they laugh at me when i said 14 inches. you wont miss anything with that scoop. thats a big scoop.i think i would rig up a co2 bottle to that monster and give it some air just to get it out of the bottom. thanks guys

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
All U need

Attachments

• 3 scoops 11.jpg
    3 scoops 11.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 261

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread