Stealth Scoop vs. Diamond Head?

RTbar

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
I'm currently using a Dual Field with the RTG 5" monster scoop w/ grab handle. It's solidly built, but is too small for water hunting, plus the angle of the back is not optimal placement to push down on. I've been looking at a bunch of scoops and I can't decide between these two.

The diamond head looks a little sturdier built, and I trust the fiberglass handle more than wood, but It appears that the scoop is smaller in width than the Stealth. I like the foot pad on the Stealth, plus they say they will replace the handle if anything happens to it. I've heard lots of good things about both of them, can anyone chime in with some opinions? Thanks.

Upvote 0
D

digum smacks

the stealth is a good scoop but mine broke 2 months in and i welded it "stainless" 3 times so far and changed the bracket the u shaped plastic one, that broke.i welded 2 fence clamps together "steel" which is 1000%better.but i hunt alot more than most people and alot harder.im not affraid to test anything to its limit.just my take on this scoop.have not tried the nuttal yet but with my brutality i would assume the part that goes into the metal part,i believe theres a rivet there would be the first thing to break,or the handle would come out of the bracket along with the sheared off rivet.

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 998

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunspot may be coming out with a new scoop handle. You guys are gonna love it if it can come in under cost.

OP
OP
R

RTbar

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
Sandman said:
Sunspot may be coming out with a new scoop handle. You guys are gonna love it if it can come in under cost.

you mean like a replacement for the wooden one? come on, spill the beans!

Edit, nevermind, I'm selling the scoop, wasnt for me... (check the classifieds)

I'm trying to decide between the Babb's aluminum scoop w. stainless lip, or the beach brute 2

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see how you could do any better than the Beach Brute 11 with the pro handle and the stanless lip added. My 2 $

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I have had a bunch have the stealth large one and love it. you can move some sand fast and it dumps easy others have to turn over and beat or shake the sand out. When your hole is filling back in every second counts. Have a Aquasound and you need to dig some deep holes fast with it.

Jason

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
heres the scoop i use. i prefer the straight handle because when the scoop is full of bottom i don't have enough wrist to tilt an angled handle scoop back to keep the contents from spilling out.
i don't carry my scoop when its not in use i float it on my sifter.

steve

Attachments

• belly of the beast resized Rev C.jpg
    belly of the beast resized Rev C.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 854
  • right front quartering view resized Rev C.jpg
    right front quartering view resized Rev C.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 961
  • belly of the beast resized Rev C.jpg
    belly of the beast resized Rev C.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 866
  • right front quartering view resized Rev C.jpg
    right front quartering view resized Rev C.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 854
  • rev c floating in sifter resized.jpg
    rev c floating in sifter resized.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 776
  • Side view F 250 7.3 Diesel parked on Pro Scoop Rev C with boards to protect lip on top.jpg
    Side view F 250 7.3 Diesel parked on Pro Scoop Rev C with boards to protect lip on top.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 783

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got an RTG 7 inch hercules all stainless...woot. Works great!

rgalan2003

Jun 14, 2005
pachuca mexico
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stealth 8 is for soft sand and my diamond is for hard sand
Rafael

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread