My Beach Arsenal

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My current "Beach Arsenal"....I am itching for the season to begin.....Come on Spring Break ;D

DSCF2034.jpg

Left to right Sovereign GT with SEF 15X18 Butterfly coil, Stock Minelab Excal 1000, Waterproofed Sovereign GT with WOT coil, Minelab Excalibur With WOT coil.
Beach Brute II scoop....

Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Now that's what I'm talking about!! Shouldn't be any traces of metal on that beach by next winter!!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're better prepared than me. I have the Sovereign coming, looking for a WOT coil for it for up on the beach. Currently using a Conquistador with Cleansweep coil. My Surfmaster PI will have to suffice in the water as my PI Pro was stolen. I bought an Excal off CL, but it had serious issues. I sold it for parts and lost $100 on the deal. I have a PIranha on the way to try out.

I'll see how I like the Sovereign before going for another Excal. I'll be buying either an Excal or another Sea Hunter Mark II when I get my taxes back.

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage
Very nice arsenal! That should be centerfold of the month.

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Now you just need 5 arms and you would be set.
What is that thing that's taped up on the Excal to the right?
Also, how in the world do you get the wire to coil on the shaft so tightly? I tried that but it kept fighting me.
capturethe.png

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well get them machines off the daqmn lawn an get down to the beach , you aint gonna find the goodies there ......sheesh new guys lol........ :icon_thumleft: thats a fine batch of huntin gear TH

HH Tank

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your red arrow is pointing at the waterproof splice connection for the WOT coil. I taped the splice up so it is out of the way and not swinging in the breeze. If I want to change coil, I remove the black tape unscrew the connector and change coil........

As far as wrapping the coil, the secret is to not attach the controls to the shaft till your almost done wrapping it, that way you get the kinks out of the coil.....

DSCF2013-1.jpg

Maleandfemaleconnectorafterfinishin.jpg

Spliceconnected.jpg

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
You haven't got enough arms and ears!! :( You can ship the 3 unused machines to PO Box 282...... :laughing7:

Looks good... That butterfly coil is Huge - guess it's good for covering a lot of area. We generally have shorter beaches so I'll stick with my stock BBS 10' for now.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
A YELLOW WOT should be WYT :hello2: :hello2:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
erikk said:
A YELLOW WOT should be WYT :hello2: :hello2:

The yellow paint makes it real easy to see it under water....

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
So U painted the sucker-no wonder I couldn't find a yellow one on Coiltek :laughing7: :laughing7:
Where do U hunt where it is clear enough to see the bottom :dontknow:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
erikk said:
So U painted the sucker-no wonder I couldn't find a yellow one on Coiltek :laughing7: :laughing7:
Where do U hunt where it is clear enough to see the bottom :dontknow:

Only place I hunt where I can see the bottom besides fresh water springs is when I hunt south Florida beaches...But I can see the yellow coil underwater many times at other beaches even when I can't see the botom...

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now i know who has a back up detector.......Cotton :tongue3: :occasion14:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in TN said:
Where did you get the box for the Soverign? I like it.

Jason

I bought the entire setup off of TreasureNet's For sale forum 2 years ago. It is an Ikelite camera case, totally waterproof, I have used it in the surf many, many times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread