All Treasure Hunting
Barny Fife may be helping controll access for his friends. It's happened before

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
COTTON said:
Can you hunt Boca Grand? The last time i tried Barney Fife tried to cuff me! Then a couple weeks ago i seen somebody hunting the same beach.Or is it they just dont like REDNECKS. :occasion14:

lol. Barney Fife, lol. Isn't that the beach where some "rich folks" dwell? If so, then would they be the kind to complain about (people different than they are??). The "not so rich"??

Maybe, if you are a redneck, try dolling yourself up in your fanciest redneck outfit. Throw in a nice cee-gar, and fancy hat, and some nice fake shiney jewellry, and fake expensive shoes, etc.. and try to "fit in" lol... roflol... :laughing7:

Really, I don't know? I do like having some fun though... lol..

Good luck, and HH :)
skt

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Florida has some funny laws when it comes to beaches and what is considered public beach and private beach. If the beach has been reclaimed, then it becomes public land. If it is a natural beach, then the building owners can claim from the building to the average high tide line. I think this is the way it's going. There is a huge lawsuit right now in Destin, as the Feds came in a reclaimed the beach after the last set of storms ate it away, which OC made the land owners happy. What didn't make them happy is when the state said "now it's a public beach".

Aug 17, 2009
South West Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
COTTON said:
Can you hunt Boca Grand? The last time i tried Barney Fife tried to cuff me! Then a couple weeks ago i seen somebody hunting the same beach.Or is it they just dont like REDNECKS. :occasion14:

Hi Cotton... Maybe that was me at Boca.. :icon_thumright: I haven't had any problems hunting there.. Yet..
I'm new to MD and just got a new ACE250.. I have only found two dimes and a quarter in clad but
did find a large (maybe 50 caliber) shell casing. They sure do drink alot of beer out there cause I'm up to 50 bottle caps already.. :tongue3:

Aug 17, 2009
South West Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Got out again today... Checked with the "park" people and they say its ok to MD in the wet sand..
Bummer... Went to the public area again.. Found one dime... Junk and some really nice bottlecaps labeled
"Amberbock" and "Bud Light"... Had a couple of folks curious about my finds... One guy was from Rhode Island
and does MD too... Nice to be out there and shoot the breeze... :icon_thumright:

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
Denny, was that you that I met at Boca near the Lighthouse the other week? I was using a Minelab Safari.

Aug 17, 2009
South West Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
JohnnieWalker said:
Denny, was that you that I met at Boca near the Lighthouse the other week? I was using a Minelab Safari.

Hey JohnnieWalker. Wish it was...
Would have been nice to shoot the breeze.
Did you find anything?
Were you on vacation here?

D

digum smacks

well heres the thing,did you know there are 2 light houses near each other?the first is not in the state park but the second one is

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't want to stand out.

At Boca you have to have the proper attire.

Boca Grand city code requires you to wear Black Socks with Sandals and a bright Yellow hat at all times.

Your lucky you were not cited and forced to go shopping. For what you should wear please

See example below:

Attachments

• metal detector.jpg
    metal detector.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 250

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Heck, couldn't even get to the parking lot when my daughter lived there, LOL. Now she bought a house in Boyton Beach, still need a permit to get into their beach parking and I can't get one for a rental car. Guess I'll need to borrow her car. Of course there is a county park right next door. Free. Just a walk on the beach to get there.

OP
OP
C

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i hanged up my camo hat.Cleaned out all my bud cans.Got a hair cut,Covered all the tacts,Hell i even washed the truck.Im Boca bound. :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread