disappearing island

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
hey any of you guys have a boat? i have been wanting to take mine out to disappearing island where on a good saturday there would be about 2 or 3 hundred boats out there ancored up and partying. swimming around and drinking, skiing and stuff. i know of atleast 3 or 4 big sand bar areas where this happends. just wondering if anyone has ever tried these spots...

Upvote 0

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Have hunted some of these type areas found some goodies. Be prepared to sift through a mountain of beer caps and pull tabs though.
Scooped up a nice arrow head digging on one of these one time.

Jason

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have if you mean the one by Ponce... tons O trash... but I'm sure there's one near every inlet...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These areas are rich spots as boaters want to be seen so they also wear the jewelry and lose it. They also hardly ever bring any trash back to shore with them as it goes over the side. You could spend a long time having fun at one of these sites.

OP
OP
antlr-king

antlr-king

Jan 14, 2010
melbourne,fl
Detector(s) used
cobra beach magnet
well i was thinking more like canaveral or sebastian. there is a spot like this. its probably all the same. then there is this spot down in islamarada in the keys. thats the biggest party spot for boaters ive ever seen. hundreds of boats of every size. many many people in the water there. way out off the causeway on the ocean side there is a huge sand bar party spot.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I hear what you are saying. We have the same thing up here in the Chesapeake and I know of some in Lake St. Clair between Michigan and Canada (I wanna Strawberry Island - It's been a while). Anyway, I've found nothing but pulltab and and bottle tops. Oh yeah and the occaisional full bottle of beer. And another thing Boaters please don't bring glass out onto the water...you're just asling for trouble!

Dang I wish this snow would melt...I need to spend some serious time with my excal II

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nearly all the lakes in Ok are flood control projects and the water levels get very low in the fall. Several small islands disappear in high water and come back into being in the summer. Like you stated there is a lot of boats and partying going on. Two years a go we had a drought and the islands and several acres of lake bottom was exposed. I filled both my pockets with change and didn't even have to use my detector. I loaned my ACE 250 to a friend and he found a plaltinum mans wedding band. (Beginner's luck). The rains came and water covered the area and by boat is the only way to get to the islands now. Heck yes, give it a try! Monty

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
man that sounds like a good haul waiting to happen if i only had a water machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread