Upvote 0

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i want one!!! but ill have to put some chrome mods on it! and sup it up!, heck if its strong enough you could maby catch some lunch in with that thing ::)

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder why they arent going to be available until next year?
I would think if it were really due to popularity, they would be able to crank up production... Maybe someone got burned by the exhaust, or spilled gas on themselves, and called 1-800-BINDER...
I would sure love to try that here in florida though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was posted last year......Beats the heck out of scooping but most public beaches would run you out after a few people complained about the noise....

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Wait till a wave knocks him on his A$$ and the salt water gets in his little egg beater motor :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why it can pick up a big piece of jewellery and not get stones and shells???

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am not sure what beach I could use this on? Most of the shallow water beaches on the rivers I hunt are hard packed muck with vegetation and roots! Even after I dump them in the sifter I have to break the clumps apart? Lots of my targets are 2 scoops deep or about 10 12 inches. That container would be full of crap! I noted he can only walk backwards! Another thing they said was you could hunt 6 hrs, what I do that now! steve

01 medicated

Mar 2, 2010
N.C.
Detector(s) used
MXT 6x10dd-4x6dd
seen a guy using one kinda like that in galveston tx man was that thing loud like u said seaweed wacker

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Hey, I don't see him swinging that thing. That thing is so powerful,it's really pulling jewelery from China :o

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
So how many miles to the bling does it get?

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weed eater dredge. I would prefer of having a lighter version of that on one arm and my detector free swinging on the other. Maybe some type of strap on setup to keep it on your weak arm while you detect with your strong arm.

Great idea they came up with. Can't be any more annoying than those wave runners that are busting up and down the beach. I would have to argue that when the wave runners are banned, I would give up my dredge.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, one arm for a metal detector and the other for a lightweight dredge thing like that would be pretty cool.
I just can't see how something like that wouldn't give enough drag to keep you from really moving the coil around well though. :icon_scratch:
But it does seem to do the job. I'd opt for an electric motor, then you'd be good to go. Just pop in new battery packs when it dies.

Bran <><

davey cricket

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2008
Stockton , California
Detector(s) used
whites silver eagle, tesors deleon ,4900 di/pro
wow nothing like smelling 2 stroke fumes for 6 hrs , thats enough to make a person pass out and drown...jmo.....davy cricket

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
I just went to there website for 1500,00 you use your Metal Detector, Or pay 2500.00 and get the whole unit which is a fisher CZ21,Only three people have commented on there website and it says been out 4 years now.
I like the way iv been doing it last 3 years find the target and scoop it out,With that device if it really does that i would want to open the unit each time wondering what i just found, Plus the unit has that device hitting a person in the crotch area instead of turned around,All three comments came from the Texas area.
Seems like this would tire a person out Quicker than what they are saying you could detect longer cause it does all the work,
I like my Excal 1000 and 6' Scoop, It has not failed me yet.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Silver Surfer said:
I wonder why they arent going to be available until next year?
I would think if it were really due to popularity, they would be able to crank up production... Maybe someone got burned by the exhaust, or spilled gas on themselves, and called 1-800-BINDER...
I would sure love to try that here in florida though.
I went to there website and did not see anything about next year,Only three people gave comments and i thought that was odd, Said they been out about 4 Years now,Who Knows ??? :dontknow:

D

digum smacks

just what you need a gas bill on top of another gas bill.picks up change up faster to pay for more gas faster :hello2:

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can't use it in a fresh water lake in Florida, recreational dredging isn't allowed. Check the laws. It's OK to use in saltwater as tides fill in the holes. You can buy a 1.5 or 2.5 inch suction dredge on Craigslist or eBay for under $1,000 and do the same thing with a lot less weight and just as good result. Place a floating sifting box under the riffle box to catch anything that might get washed out. Shells will be the biggest pain but TH'ing was never easy. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread