Just for Fun (idea)

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Hi Everyone, this is just a little fun idea I thought of. It may of even been covered some time before. Although I haven't seen it in the searching I've done of past posts.

Here's the idea: Unemployed? Need extra cash? How about offering your "digging" services? Meet with people that do metal detecting hobby and may have trouble doing the digging part. Bad back, bad knees, etc.. And perhaps you can offer some help. And your help would also make the hunting faster, be able to cover more ground quicker.

I know that it is pretty obvious that many folks hunt with friends and family, and they may help with the digging part.

But, this is for those that don't have friends and family along for the hunt. Perhaps a little cash agreement up front for the day's work could be arranged. Now, here is where it may get a bit sticky. We don't find good stuff every day. Many days we go out and find trash items. But we had fun anyway. And it's all about the fun. The finds are just icing on the cake. And in some cases, can give us a extra cash boost.

What if all you find is trash, and you paid the person cash? You are out that money?!! Then there may be the "share what you find" by the digger, which may not be what you had in mind. Or, if the digger digs and nothing but trash comes up, is there still pay? Pay for work done?

I know, and am aware, this is a FUN HOBBY!! not work!! I'm not sure any such arrangement could be made with someone without there being a potential problem. *And* do you really want the company? Maybe not!! Most likely not. It's fun to hunt with people you know, but not with a stranger.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw this out there, get some banter back & forth. Fresh perspectives. Can you speed up the whole process? Having someone do the digging? hmmmm??? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

This idea is just for fun. I like your thoughts and replies.

I have never been to a organized hunt before and would like to attend one sometime in the future. Do they have team hunts? Husband, wife, etc.. she does the finding, he does the digging? I think that would be a lot of fun. Hunting competitions? I will do some looking here on the site for such group hunts. It sounds like it would be fun. ;D

skt

Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. It took a dirty old man to modify your plan so here goes.

We buy 20 really cheap metal detectors and hire 20 smoking hot college babes. We rent the detectors out to tourist with the smoking hot digging babe in her bikini. I am figuring we can probably rake in about 50 to 100 bucks an hour on the rental. The bikini babe gets 20 and hour we get the rest and the tourist goes home happy and blind after not blinking in the Florida sun for a couple of hours.

You could do the same for the lady folks with the young male model dude digger.

A side benefit would be that the beaches would be much cleaner too!!

I think we are on to something here! This way we get profit and don't even have to do the digging!!!

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
DaChief said:

We buy 20 really cheap metal detectors and hire 20 smoking hot college babes. We rent the detectors out to tourist with the smoking hot digging babe in her bikini. I am figuring we can probably rake in about 50 to 100 bucks an hour on the rental. The bikini babe gets 20 and hour we get the rest and the tourist goes home happy and blind after not blinking in the Florida sun for a couple of hours.

I think we are on to something here! This way we get profit and don't even have to do the digging!!!
:laughing9: :laughing9: I love it Chief!! Now that is CREATIVE!! And so funny. Can you imagine?? lol... That was a great reply. Can anyone top it?? lol.... ;D :laughing7:

skt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DaChief said:

Heck for that kind of money I am willing to volunteer my wife and sister-in-law, they both look good in bikinis. :tongue3:.....

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
DaChief said:

I'll make sure to throw a whole bunch of bb's out there so they will have to dig every 4 seconds. :wink:

OP
OP
FloridaTreasureFinder

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
SYKO said:
DaChief said:

I'll make sure to throw a whole bunch of bb's out there so they will have to dig every 4 seconds. :wink:

ha ha!! lol, now this is getting better and better!! lol... ;D

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see absolutley nothing thong wrong with this idea? :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread