Weddingban back to Italy

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Seahunter Mark II,Fisher Goldbug 2
Hello everybody, in sept last year i was finish the hunting and was on my way back to the car. Then a couple from Italy asked me if i found their weddingban. They could not talk English but i tell them i haven't found it. They pointed out where they go in the water, so i give it a try. In the try i find a silverring but not their ring. I try ed my best to explain that they must go inn to the hotellsecurity and describe Wat they lost, and i ma by can find it later. Well i did, 14 days later i find the ring, i went in to the hotell and talked to the staff but they diddent know about it. Next day on the beach the security manager asked if i had any luck
and i told him not much as usual. Then he asked if i found a weddingban, and i told him yes and give him my phonenr. He call me and i meet up with him and the general manager for the hotell, they described the ring and was very happy to send it back to Italy. Well i was happy to,but no words back from the owner. I guess its normal, what do you think ?

Good luck Normann

Attachments

• corinna 1.jpg
    corinna 1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 631
  • corinna 2.jpg
    corinna 2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 620
  • corinna 3.jpg
    corinna 3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 603
Upvote 0

BepiPresot

Mar 3, 2010
North east Italy
Detector(s) used
White's Pi Pro, E-Trac, Safari, CZ21 10,5", Excalibur II 8"
Congratulations Normann.
I don't think it is normal.
Wait for a letter of thanks, I hope.

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
it's a long way from Thailand to Italy....

herbcat

Jan 13, 2010
long island, ny
Detector(s) used
mx7 1776 king charles 111 silver reale
:icon_thumright:

normann,
whether you hear from them or not, you did the right thing.
fell good about yourself.

herb

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
BepiPresot said:
Congratulations Normann.
I don't think it is normal.
Wait for a letter of thanks, I hope.
It is over 3 month ago no, it doesn't mather really.They had only been married for seven or ten days when lost so i think they was very happy for it.
All together and about the Carma thing, i think it works and i had some luck this year. :thumbsup:

Good luck Normann

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
herbcat said:

normann,
whether you hear from them or not, you did the right thing.
fell good about yourself.

herb
Thank you herbcat,you are right about that. I'm happy for it any way, and will do it again.

Good luck Normann

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
OD_hunt said:
I would have felt better making personal contact with the owner :o
I learn from this and will do that next time, if i find something. Not that i doubt the Hotell send it, this was very good for their reputation i think.

Good luck Normann

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I returned a ring last year locally , The guy didn't even say thank you , he was loaded with money , I got zero.a thank you would have been nice ,didn't get it , lesson learned , I keep all my finds from now on and I do not answer lost and found adds anymore ,, if they want to find there rings let them put the 800.00 out for a detector like I did ... But its different If they walk up to me on the beach ,,, sure i would help them,,, Guzz1

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Last year I came walking along a section of beach where I never hunt (the owner of a beach chair rental who rented this part of the beach for tourist season from the city himself had banned me two months before) to get to the 2 mile long part where I usually hunt. I'm the only one to EVER detect in the whole area (found quite a lot during last summer) and only go there maybe once a week. A young lady saw me passing by with my ACE 250 in hand and came running after me to ask if I could help her find the ring she had lost. Sure- took me 5 minutes to find it. Platinum with seven diamonds, she had got it the week before. Her whole family was there and I guess I saved their vacation. I felt quite happy myself for being able to help them. They wanted to give me 5 Euros (7-8 U$), which I didn't accept. The ring would have payed for a brand new Excal II (which sells for 2000 U$ in here Germany), and I'm pretty sure I would have found it after tourist season. Well, the 5 Euros would have payed for the ACEs batteries, a coffee and a hot dog though. I found more in clad later that afternoon.

herbcat

Jan 13, 2010
long island, ny
Detector(s) used
mx7 1776 king charles 111 silver reale
wrecker said:
Last year I came walking along a section of beach where I never hunt (the owner of a beach chair rental who rented this part of the beach for tourist season from the city himself had banned me two months before) to get to the 2 mile long part where I usually hunt. I'm the only one to EVER detect in the whole area (found quite a lot during last summer) and only go there maybe once a week. A young lady saw me passing by with my ACE 250 in hand and came running after me to ask if I could help her find the ring she had lost. Sure- took me 5 minutes to find it. Platinum with seven diamonds, she had got it the week before. Her whole family was there and I guess I saved their vacation. I felt quite happy myself for being able to help them. They wanted to give me 5 Euros (7-8 U$), which I didn't accept. The ring would have payed for a brand new Excal II (which sells for 2000 U$ in here Germany), and I'm pretty sure I would have found it after tourist season. Well, the 5 Euros would have payed for the ACEs batteries, a coffee and a hot dog though. I found more in clad later that afternoon.
wrecker,
its nice to help people out when there in need. you did a good thing.
i am sure your get your excal II soon. keep up the good work.

herb

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wrecker said:
I hate to say it, but if they would have offered me 5 Euros, I would have been offended...
The way I see it, that ring had to have been worth a lot of money.. Hell, even the lady I returned the class ring to gave me a $20 gift certificate to the Olive garden, and STILL asked me how much she owed me.. And it was only a 10k ring, probably worth $40 at the most (melt price)... I didnt expect anything from her, the gift certificate along with the thank you card still gives me a warm feeling... Rich people are a whole different animal.. Now I wonder how hard I will try to return an expensive ring should I ever find one.. I wouldnt react very nicely if I went to that trouble to help someone and in return get treated like that.. Good for you for being such a good person though. It will come back around someday I am sure.

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
Prolly what happened was the hotal staff got a big thank you, but you did a good thing and honesty may hurt at times but it isn't fatal usually lol

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this coin and i'm trying to contact the owner. Can anybody help me :))
IMG_0786.JPG

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the couple have your contact info or just the motel?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread