Hit St Pete for the first time...still too cold though

Gobyman

Jul 21, 2009
SW, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Excal with 15" WOT
Hey All,

:icon_thumright:So I hit St Pete for the first time, not bad for 5 hour run. Alot of iron though. Did'nt really get into the water to much (still a little too cold and choppy with the wind). Anyways, did hit a good clad line as you can see from the pic's. There is some good erosion going on from the choppy waves. Found a cool coin too, sure it's European. A little silver charm with some CZ's, but the center looks like green or black stones. Also some costume rings made of brass I think? Also a womans watch in the dry sand. Well thats about it, will probably hit it again when it's a little warmer and calmer.

HH All

Gobyman

Attachments

• st_Pete.jpg
    st_Pete.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 332
  • silvercharm.jpg
    silvercharm.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 339
  • coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 332
  • coinback.jpg
    coinback.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 331
  • ladies_watch.jpg
    ladies_watch.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 328
  • DSC01675.JPG
    DSC01675.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC01673.JPG
    DSC01673.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
THats a good hunt :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:,,,,, You got silver and thats Good , im across the bridge from there and the finds have been BLEAK at best Here ,, To cold and no sun bathers = no finds , but it will pick up when the weather turns ,, Good luck guzz1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did better than I did yesterday at St Pete Beach!! I only managed to pull up a couple really corroded quarters from the cut in the sand, along with some trash. My detector signaled a crushed can from about 18 inches though, which was quite impressive (and irritating!) Of course, I only hunted for a couple of hours, and the wind was cutting right through me. Having a new detector I'm not terribly familiar with didn't help me either. :-\ Hopefully I can get out there again sometime this week when the weather warms up into the 70's!! :icon_sunny:

Bran <><

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gobyman said:
Hey All,

:icon_thumright:So I hit St Pete for the first time, not bad for 5 hour run. Alot of iron though.
HH All

Gobyman

lol, Nice advantage to Excals and Sovereigns, no iron targets to hassle with............... :icon_thumright:

Good luck next time.........

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Good finds there and nice coin! I found one like it last year myself. Today only 40 Euro cents and a Matchbox toycar (very deep). It was very cold and windy plus I forgot my gloves at home ( as well as the finds and trash pouch) so I couldn't hunt more than 3 hours.

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
WTG GOOD JOB. NOW GIVE ME SOME GOLD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions