whats as good as excalibur or better

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i loved my excalibur and the way it performs. the sounds were real easy,it was made well,and strong and i like the rechargable battery.but im getting sick of waiting for my two to come. my friend tryied to order a coil for his minelab 4000 and their on back order and it might take a month. he also said he heard that mine lab is going out of business.. now if their selling metal detectors and moving to a new building like i heard, then i wouldnt think they would stop making detectors or you would think that they would have made enough for orders till a new place is ready. anyway im looking at other detectors around the $1000 plus line. like i said above on my likes .help

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in TN said:
Boy I messed up what I really meant to say is buy a excal the Aquasound is way to expensive and hard to tune.
I will keep using mine just because I already have it. I will just ;D and wave to those excal guys on the beach.

Jason

If I lived in south Florida the Aquasound would be very tempting just for that reason

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'day guys,

Just thought I'd chime in again regarding the Aquasound;

1. $2500 may seem expensive but every last component of the detector is military grade parts. When compared to some Minelab PI machines and other expensive/less well known brands then the price is quite reasonable IMO.

2. I can't comment on cost of repairs as the detector has performed flawlessly after 3 years of continual use in rough ocean conditions. I've had the Aquasound ripped from my arm and dumped in waves on several occasions without any problems.

3. Tuning the machine takes about 30 seconds after switching on and then again after about 10 minutes of use in the water. This is needed as the coil has reached a stable temperature after being submerged in the water. Sometimes, I will tune again after another 10 minutes but this is more of a fine tuning to really tweak the machine for optimal performance. After this final tune, I can hunt for several hours without adjusting any other controls.

4. Black sands will hurt the performance of the Aquasound (will not balance). Some black sands are not true black sands in the real sense and the Aquasound will handle these conditions. Problem black sands are conductive or magnetic (magnetite/maghemite) but some "black sands" are neither of these and don't cause any problems. Problem black sands (if dried out) will stick to a magnet or deflect a compass needle. Because I'm in Australia, I had to do this detailed investigative work prior to ordering the machine.

5. The maker of the Aquasound doesn't cut deals on the machine just like makers of fine automobiles don't cut deals as readily as lower end models. I'm sure I could confirm this at the Ferrari dealership in my city... :laughing7: :laughing7:

If I had the $$$ then I would have an Aquasound backup machine....but aren't backup machines for when your primary machine fails !!! Can't see that happening.

Happy hunting,
Tony.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
A little aquasound gold from last week. left the guys swinging a Explorer and Soverign scratching there heads.
the smallest white gold ring was around 10" and rang out loud and clear. can not wait until summer gets hear
and I can hit the beach more. Did I mention I did not dig a single beer cap.

Jason

Attachments

• P3160001.JPG
    P3160001.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 428

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings Jason,

Yes, the iron ID on the Aquasound is as good as it gets.

It will correctly ID a ring even if sitting on a beer cap !

The iron ID audio is still quite loud (even with the setting at Quiet).
I added some extra padding inside the earmuffs which has really helped on the iron targets.

Tony.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonyswaterhunts said:
G'day guys,

Just thought I'd chime in again regarding the Aquasound;

1. $2500 may seem expensive but every last component of the detector is military grade parts. When compared to some Minelab PI machines and other expensive/less well known brands then the price is quite reasonable IMO.

2. I can't comment on cost of repairs as the detector has performed flawlessly after 3 years of continual use in rough ocean conditions. I've had the Aquasound ripped from my arm and dumped in waves on several occasions without any problems.

3. Tuning the machine takes about 30 seconds after switching on and then again after about 10 minutes of use in the water. This is needed as the coil has reached a stable temperature after being submerged in the water. Sometimes, I will tune again after another 10 minutes but this is more of a fine tuning to really tweak the machine for optimal performance. After this final tune, I can hunt for several hours without adjusting any other controls.

4. Black sands will hurt the performance of the Aquasound (will not balance). Some black sands are not true black sands in the real sense and the Aquasound will handle these conditions. Problem black sands are conductive or magnetic (magnetite/maghemite) but some "black sands" are neither of these and don't cause any problems. Problem black sands (if dried out) will stick to a magnet or deflect a compass needle. Because I'm in Australia, I had to do this detailed investigative work prior to ordering the machine.

5. The maker of the Aquasound doesn't cut deals on the machine just like makers of fine automobiles don't cut deals as readily as lower end models. I'm sure I could confirm this at the Ferrari dealership in my city... :laughing7: :laughing7:

If I had the $$$ then I would have an Aquasound backup machine....but aren't backup machines for when your primary machine fails !!! Can't see that happening.

Happy hunting,
Tony.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in TN said:
I wil agree and do own one the aquasound on low mineral beaches will beat any water detector out. Takes some knowledge on tuneing
works alot like a Nautulis. Was at myrtle beach a week or two ago and found three gold rings in 4 days. buddy that lives there and hunts alot has found 0 in three months. All were Deeeep. He was hunting with me one day with his soverign 10 in coil and I dug a nice heavy 10k ring very near him. he said next siginal you get yell at me. Next deep signial I said here is a good one. He came over with the Soverign checked and said there is nothing there. About 14 in down I dug a dime out he said if I did not see that I would not have belived it. As said before you will never dig a beer cap again if you do not want too. I have one and want another for a back up. at about $2500 they are not cheap and the guy who makes thim is not giving any deals.

Jason
I have fanned nickles and dimes around 18 inches, fanned quarters well over 20 inches, Heavy class rings around 25 inches! an amazing machine !!
For any questions you can call Richard Rudy:
561-482-7058.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread