water machine

OP
OP
T

timtreasure

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
none right now....but looking for one
wanting to buy one maybe even a beachunter id (i think thats what they are called) I am not able to spend a lot so therefore I am looking for an older but functioning water machine that can be used on dry land also Thanks God bless Tim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the good water detectors don't drop below a certain resell value for many years.....A new Excal II will cost $1200, a 4-6 year old Excal will still cost you $500-$700 used. If you look constantly every day several times a day you can find one for $400-$500 on craigslist, Ebay or another source because the seller doesn't know the resale value, but those go very quickly, and well not sit there for longer then a couple hours...

It is the same way with the Beach Hunter ID, you will really have to search hard to find one for $400.....

One of the advantages to buying a high quality water detector is the resale value, you can buy them, use them for couple years and get most if not all your money out when you sell.........Personally, and it is just my personal opinion I would stay away from the cheaper water detectors as they will have almost no resale value...(Any thing that has a face looking back at you on the controls.....)

OP
OP
T

timtreasure

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
thanks for your help I really do appreciate it. I would love to be able to buy a new one, right now like a lot of folks, I am just not able to spend that kind of money... but i aint gonna give up yet thanks and God bless Tim

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my first water detector. It is a Whites I bought it over 25 years ago and it still works. I use it as a back up or when someone goes out with me. It runs on a 9 volt battery and it will run on that battery for many many hours. Don't know if I want to sell it yet but you never know for sure.

OP
OP
T

timtreasure

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
awwww, come on have a heart, send it to a good loving home that will care for it and nurture it (especially if it is a really good price). I will hug it and squeeze it and make it my friend, (maybe going a little to far) anyway what kind is it and let me know if you decide to part with it Thanks and God Bless Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread