Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far i have only seen the beaches here on the Northfork they took a beating !! the waves were breaking over North road from the Sound, what i have heard is the Southfork ocean beaches really got trashed but the water is still high and the waves huge the winds are still blowin at 40 knots out of the SE iam sure in about a day or 2 the weather is going to break temps in the low 60,s and mild winds i bet the beaches lost a few feet of sand i might give it a try Wednesday the Hamptons they are comparing this Nor-Easter to Hurricane Gloria 1986. Aye mates I can see the glitter of gold and the green of old coins in the wet sand now :laughing7: .HH Jim

arnoldziffel

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
i want to hit smith point. I was going to this afternoon, but it was still raining. I am afraid I won't get there till saturday.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ArnoldZiffel said:
i want to hit smith point. I was going to this afternoon, but it was still raining. I am afraid I won't get there till saturday.
Today you would of got pounded by wind surf and spray plus rain give it a day or 2 until it calms down

arnoldziffel

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Deepdiger60 said:
ArnoldZiffel said:
Today you would of got pounded by wind surf and spray plus rain give it a day or 2 until it calms down
very true. i was like 2 miles north of the beach today. the winds were kicking up this afternoon. I will probably hit there saturday am. i have to get a car inspected 1st though. I haven't found too much down there this year, but i like to go there anyway. it's good practice for me since i am new at this hobby. i've been there probably 4 or 5 times since mid january. found some clad, and a few other things. also found some nice shells. i bring my 8 y/o, she likes to get the shells. I have a white's coinmaster that I need to assemble for her to use. I was waiting for the spring to do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread