Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally i would do both but most people would get off a boat at a ramp or dock in 200 years rivers change course . Good luck

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
You never know until you try. I would search in the river first, but that's just me and depends on the conditions you have: currents, boat traffic, accessability, local laws etc.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to find out where some of the stops were and I'm still researching the others . I think I'm gonna start with the stop thats in the middle of the woods as the research showed there was a stable and a small store there back then.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would check both, but remember rivers change courses over a couple hundred years, that is why they find flat bototm boats and river boat remains in farmers fields more then mile from the river.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know river change course . The site I'm gonna search first used to be right on the bank of the river but now its in the middle of the woods , the river is about 2 miles away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions