Got a gold heart stopper yesterday

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
It was a beautiful day yesterday, and I got a pass from the family late in the afternoon to do some detecting.

I ended up hunting for about 90 minutes, and ended up with two rings. But, with only 14 coins dug, my ratio of rings to coins was fantastic!

The third or fourth target dug was a black ring that turned out to be silver after a jolt of electrolysis. It was real toasted though, from too many years in the salt water.

About 20 minutes later, I got a sweet low tone on my Excalibur, and got the target in the first scoop. I dumped the contents of the scoop on the beach, and kicked it over and saw GOLD. I quickly snapped it up and saw a huge diamond sitting high up on a wide gold band. Boy, that got my heart racing, but I told myself not to get too excited, as it could very well be a fake. I gotta tell you though, I took that baby out about every 10 minutes for the rest of the hunt to look at it. I can't read any small print any more, so I couldn't read the stamped marks inside the ring.

As soon as I got home I tested the stone with my diamond tester, and the little light didn't flinch. BUMMER! Then I got my loupe and read the stampings - 10K and CZ. Oh well, gold is gold, and it was a thrill to see this baby laying there in the wet sand!

Here is the heart stopper:

IMG_5857.jpg

Here's the total take for the hunt:

IMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5829.jpg

And here is the silver toasty ring after electrolysis:

IMG_5873.jpg

Happy Hunting!

Jim

Upvote 0

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Nice gold ring! I found one like that last year in white gold with cz stone.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jeez O Pete, seeing that in my scoop I'd probably wind up in the hospital gulping nitro pills.

Ahh yes, the fun of metal detecting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring and it's still G-O-L-D :icon_thumright:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and congratulations on the
gold ring. Too bad the stone was CZ, but
it's a pretty ring anyway. And you are
right about the silver ring, it has seen
better days. Gold Nugets :hello:

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
YEP! That is a heart stopper! I would have looked at it every 10 minutes or so too! Sorry it didn't turn out to be a real diamond but still it is gold and you had a great hunt! WTG!

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Those should be outlawed, but at least you got a little 10k to help the ease the shock:)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yea, a heart stopper for sure.. but least its gold.. and it still is pretty.

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
I know what you mean!!! I recently dug a 12k bangle bracelet loaded with CZs that had me "shakinnnnnn" in my boots :tongue3: (kept looking at it and scratching my head too) ???!

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
That's a nice ring and would make anybody's heart skip a few beats at first sight!! The silver came out pretty good too. I found a earring that at first I thought may be gold, but looking closer, no stamps and the coating is worn off in several places. Turned out to be just costume jewelry. I also found a rusty chain that could of been attached to a biker type long leather wallet??

Anyway, very nice finds. Good job!! :hello2:

skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread