Sandshark?

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
My sandshark keeps falsing, and it is really bothering me...Everytime I swing it.... it falses...I do not know if it is a grounding issue..I know that it will false when my phone rings, It is not that...I disconnected the cord from the main box and It does not false, but when I hook it up, It falses...Usually I can adjust the balance and things get better...I have been using It in the cold,,,can the insides be damage form the extreme cold...need some help...

Upvote 0

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X
Just to eliminate a possible problem. Did you try another set of headphones and see if that is the problem.

PhilMont

Mar 31, 2005
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XL PRO, White's Coinmaster 5000/D, 6000/D, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Tesoro "Sand Shark"
If you have a coil cover see if there is any sand between the coil and cover. This may cause it to false.

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Is your cord wrapped tightly? Are you wearing different footgear (steel toe)? I know when my swing starts to pendulum a little, my machine will false. I also have trouble if I am actually skimming the sand. I have a lower end machine so I have trouble in salt sand.

FH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
beachboy

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Thanks for the tips....I'll factor these in while I am out next time...

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:
My sandshark keeps falsing, and it is really bothering me...Everytime I swing it.... it falses...I do not know if it is a grounding issue..I know that it will false when my phone rings, It is not that...I disconnected the cord from the main box and It does not false, but when I hook it up, It falses...Usually I can adjust the balance and things get better...I have been using It in the cold,,,can the insides be damage form the extreme cold...need some help...

If this is something that just started happening, and tightening connections, new batteries, ect. doesn't help. It might be time for a trip to Prescott, AZ. HH.

http://www.tesoro.com/service/repair/

OP
OP
beachboy

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
firstbiggestmost said:
beachboy said:

If this is something that just started happening, and tightening connections, new batteries, ect. doesn't help. It might be time for a trip to Prescott, AZ. HH.
I hope not, I think It might be my cord....It is not really tight, and the detector does not false as much in all metal mode. It is when it is in the factor mode...will see this weekend. The falsing got me so mad I almost threw my detector. I use to golf, but I got so fustrated I broke my clubs on the golf course. People must have thought I was crazy. The clubs were free. I had to pay for the SandShark, and it cost me 550, so I will not be throwing it, Unless it start that beeping again..

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:
firstbiggestmost said:
beachboy said:

I hope not, I think It might be my cord....It is not really tight, and the detector does not false as much in all metal mode. It is when it is in the factor mode...will see this weekend. The falsing got me so mad I almost threw my detector. I use to golf, but I got so fustrated I broke my clubs on the golf course. People must have thought I was crazy. The clubs were free. I had to pay for the SandShark, and it cost me 550, so I will not be throwing it, Unless it start that beeping again..

Are you sure you have a Sand Shark??

OP
OP
beachboy

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Maybe my terminology is off, the vco mode falses more then the normal mode...Should I adjust the F set, I never use that adjustment, so maybe that is the problem.

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:
Maybe my terminology is off, the vco mode falses more then the normal mode...Should I adjust the F set, I never use that adjustment, so maybe that is the problem.

The "F set" is also your threshold adjustment when you are in VCO or normal mode. You should definitely be adjusting your threshold to a smooth, stable level. That might be the problem. Recheck the manual about how to tune the machine. Hope that helps. :icon_thumright:

http://www.tesoro.com/info/manuals/current/sandshark/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions