A week in Cocoa Beach

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
First, you will notice there are no pictures. There wasn't anything to take pictures of. A week on the beach yielded $4.12 plus a small silver dragonfly necklace with CZs. I was able to find and return a beautiful gold and diamond wedding set to a very upset young lady. That made the trip.
The beaches were heavily sanded in the entire week. There were not even any shells washing up. Holes dug by the castlers were three feed deep and showed no shell layer at all. Oh well. You can't win them all. It was a little interesting when I was out in about 18 inches of water with about a hundred people all around and a 3 foot black tip shark swam within a foot of me before turning and swimming away. A guy saw the surprised look on my face and asked what I saw. He and I thought it was pretty cool. His girlfriend, however, beat cheeks out of the water.

Better luck next year. :wink:

Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Seeing the shark would have had me beating it out of the water too! Congrats on your returning a ring - may you find many more in the coming days to make up for losing that one.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaches here have been sanded in bad, that is why we are waiting on the spring breakers, we need fresh drops.....

OP
OP
spritch

spritch

Sep 13, 2007
Commerce,Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites MXT
Treasure_Hunter said:
Beaches here have been sanded in bad, that is why we are waiting on the spring breakers, we need fresh drops.....
Fresh drops was the sum total of the finds. Most coins were still shiny bright!

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
I agree on the fresh drops. I found shiny coins and that earring was just sticking up out of the sand. Didn't even need my detector for some of those finds. They were right on the surface. I would beat it out of the water in a hurry too if I saw a shark. We defineately don't need any more shark attacks!

skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions