I am going to Paradise island in the bahamas

paul9272

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2007
MASS
Detector(s) used
EXCALIBUR, CTX 3030, WHITES XLT
I am going to Paradise island in the bahama's

I am going to the bahama's and staying at the atlantis resort from may 1st to the 8th. Any suggestions on which beaches to hunt. I will bringing my water machine and plan on doing some metal detecting when possible. Also any suggestions would be appreciated on good local places to eat, play and must see for tourist traps. The other thing is I use a long handle scoop usually for water hunting but i can not figure out how to travel with it or if anyone has any suggestions on a scoop that would be worth buying that breaks down small enough to fit in a duffel bag and still be strong enough for water hunting. Thank you in advance!

Upvote 0

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I am going to Paradise island in the bahama's

Enjoy the Bahamas; I get out that way several times a year. If this is your first trip enjoy Paradise Island and Nassau. I recommend Senior Frog’s located next to the Straw Market, good food and spirits, and just next door is Bahama Joes a good little watering hole. However, if you want to experience the Bahamas you have to visit the out Islands. Take the Fast Ferry over to Harbor Island on a day trip, you will enjoy that. Do not miss the Power Boat Adventures, located on Paradise Island at the bridge; they take you out to their private island for a day. I must say that had to be the most relaxing days I have experienced.
I carry my water machine with me every trip, and I use a big mouth hand scoop for the beaches on these trips, leaving my long handle scoop at the house in Florida. I will be back in the Bahamas again on the 12th of June, and I’m looking forward to another week of exploring the islands.

Tom

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro

Congrats on your upcoming trip to the Bahamas. I stayed on Cable Beach and there is some nice swimming places there. Along the string of hotels. And like wreckdiver1715 said, he gave some good places to visit while you are there. And for these day trips, I would bring my detector with me at all times, even while on any snorkeling trips, as people may have lost some jewelry while snorkeling. They bring people out to these places all the time. When I was there, I bought a mini steel drum from a vendor on the pier where the ferry boat takes you from Paradise Island to the Straw Market.

You pass these huge cruise ships docked in the harbor. It's a nice little ferry boat ride.

Have fun and Good luck on your Bahamas hunting../trip..I look forward to seeing any photos'/video you may post when you get back from your trip. :)

skt

OP
OP
P

paul9272

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2007
MASS
Detector(s) used
EXCALIBUR, CTX 3030, WHITES XLT

Thank you for the great ideas. This is my first time down at paradise island and I am looking forward to it. It is great to get away and to be able to bring my machine with me. Maybe I can even pay for the trip with my finds. Hey I can dream. ;) Thank you again and please keep the great ideas coming. Paul

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

take lots of pics and have a great time!
chuck.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, take lots of pics, and be sure to post them for us. I have a bunch of pics from the Bahamas on my profile page.

Tom

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

I haven't been there since '83.They had a 'nudie' beach then.Didn't find any coins but it was enjoyable.

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark

Lucky, I would love to go there, Paul. That is where pirates belong, good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread