do you carry a weapon?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess I have to reply to This post, I don't necessarily Carry a weapon, but because of the area i live in I always have My screw driver on me weather I'm using it at the time or not. I live in a Questionable part of My town. But I'm 6' 4" and Weight 240 pounds But once in awhile i have to Let some one Know that I won't be messed with!!!!!! I will be easier now that I have a hearing aid And wont be surprised By some one coming out of the Bushes when I'm walking near them!!! Yes It has Happend Several times to me Especially near the Columbia river spots I go to!!!!! I actually Live in One of the worst parts of my town, and also manage the Apt complex I live in. 90% of the Tweakers and Homeless bums will cross the street before approaching The complex I live In!!!!! Because they Know that all the resident here Wont put Up With there @#$#

After this week end I will start carring!!! updated response 5 11 2010

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If iam not on the beach which here is ok at least during the day and iam in the deep woods you bet i carry a weapon you just never know what your going to run into :dontknow: although i have seen sharks close in to the beaches sometimes the King !! great whites do show up here since we are 121 miles out on the tip east end and no way would i even stay in the water long enough to fight one of those off :o.

Attachments

• Spanish knife 3.jpg
    Spanish knife 3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,341
  • Spanish knife 3.jpg
    Spanish knife 3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,334

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
I expect most beach hunters carry an anti-land-shark weapon, our long-handled scoops. Just flip it end for end and jam the handle into the softest available part of the land shark.

Chip V.

Chicken4U2

Jul 27, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MT Pockets, what knife/belt combo is that, and who sells them? Me likes.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Land hunting where I usually go I carry a Starfire 9 mm. and a bayonet. Bayonet is used for a coin probe and can't cut warm butter, but it looks nasty. In the water which I mainly do now I have my divers knife and my scoop. The knife has a flat point mainly like a large screw driver but has a fish line cutter hook and serrated blade for cutting line.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I use to carry a large knife at night but with the recent evens in my area I've started packing my shoulder mounted 44 desert eagle. I do have my weapons permit to carry. I like to carrying it because it's stainless steel and it won't rust like a standard blued gun before I can clean it. It's heavy though and I wouldn't dare go in the water with it. I'm thinking of getting a laser site added for the simple fact it will surely scare the living h3ll out of anyone who messes me. That little red dot on a person's chest really has a psychological effect on them.

Attachments

• adesert eagle.jpg
    adesert eagle.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,014

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While spring brake is on I carry pepper spray and a taser.From April to Sept. I carry a 10 inch knife for sharks.this time is our Tiger shark season.They feed on turtles and people.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
to chip Red( wife) finally figured out what a land shark is it took her a few tries!!!!!!!!

AmadorAl

Greenie
Mar 15, 2007
A 32 automatic and digging tool works for me. The 32 fits nicely into one of the pockets on my muiltipocketed finds vest that I got from Walmart.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ususally go with a friend treasure hunting, but if I had to I guess I will take the small one with me..... :o :o :o :o

(opps my foot is in the picture....sorry)

Attachments

• big boy toys.JPG
    big boy toys.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 897

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually just take my little nephew with me. He's kinda skinny, but he watches my back and helps dig.

Attachments

• Patric.jpg
    Patric.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 838
  • Patric.jpg
    Patric.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 836

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorcin 380 cal, AMT Backup 380 cal (Police use it a lot), or best Tek Protek 25 cal. small lightweght in $100 to $150 range couple extra clips ... in build it yourself snap over nylon holster on belt next to police style pepper gas spray/spray bottle WD-40/cleaning brush/digging screwdriver combo ... not so obvious

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: I find that acting like Mel Gibson as the psyco-cop in Lethal Wepon and asking them if they REALLY want to mess with you, while chewing on your gun barrel works pretty well. They do move back a bit! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread