East Tennessee
Upvote 0

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
I have been MDing for 3 years or so...first year I got 3, second 5, this year hoping for six, but I already have two because of the storms, and it is not even the summer...I think that I'll go for 10 this year.
I think as I gain experience, I do better...I know 10 sounds alot, but I would like to have quality more than #'s

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Last year I had a total of 45 gold and 1 platinum ring for a total weight of 360 grams, this year I have 20 gold and 1 platinum for a total weight 110 grams.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,026
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,037
OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Here are my three gold so far for this year I always shoot for 20 gold. Last 4 years I have got at least that many. One day best was 5 two different times.

Attachments

• P3160001.JPG
    P3160001.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 973
  • P3160001.JPG
    P3160001.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 973

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachboy said:
I have been MDing for 3 years or so...first year I got 3, second 5, this year hoping for six, but I already have two because of the storms, and it is not even the summer...I think that I'll go for 10 this year.
I think as I gain experience, I do better...I know 10 sounds alot, but I would like to have quality more than #'s
I have been MD for only 1 1/2 yrs 1st yr found 1 gold ring and I was hooked! Stepped up and got a Excal (end of last Nov.). Since then I have found 13 gold rings 3 need to be tested to be sure they are gold! Don't forget the 8 other pieces of gold (earring's, chains, medalions etc.) Going out hunting after the storms we've had here in Mass. have been productive! I'm looking at getting a camera to post my finds. PS can,t wait for this next storm coming M,T,W!!!!

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
I have gone beach hunting 9 times in the 3 months of owning my first detector. Haven't been to a beach that has suffered a major storm yet but did see some 3-4 foot cuts when at Boca Grande but it was high tide when I got there so didn't get much more than a few coins and a 50 caliber shell.

But still, all I seem to find is clad and have to dig deep for it, but no gold. The only ring I found was a silver earring.

I hit a few beaches at dead low and found most of the coinage at the mid-tide mark, not down at the waters edge as many claim.

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
surfnturf said:
beachboy said:
I have been MD for only 1 1/2 yrs 1st yr found 1 gold ring and I was hooked! Stepped up and got a Excal (end of last Nov.). Since then I have found 13 gold rings 3 need to be tested to be sure they are gold! Don't forget the 8 other pieces of gold (earring's, chains, medalions etc.) Going out hunting after the storms we've had here in Mass. have been productive! I'm looking at getting a camera to post my finds. PS can,t wait for this next storm coming M,T,W!!!!
That is right..another storm Midweek...Hope for some more Gold....We need to keep riding this wave till these storms stop

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

Going for 150+! Im at 55 this year so far. Good luck everyone on your goals!

Crackbadger

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think I'll be lucky with 10. My average is one per 5 weeks (Silver rings about 1 per week). I detect about 2 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week.

Seems I need some improvement with these 20's and 45, 67, and 150+ YIKES :help: And you'll probably do it too, Crackbadger! :thumbsup:

HH Joe

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
My goal is always simple. Just ONE MORE gold! :thumbsup:

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kind of with ziphius. I never really set a quota, I just want 1 more than what I have at the time.

Here is the rings, and other gold, I've found since the first of the year. One of the rings is actually from last year, but it replaces the 2004 class ring I returned a few months ago.

frstqtrgold.jpg

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
I hope to find at least one per hunt, but that's wishful thinking. I don't keep track of the totals, just keep putting them in the safety deposit box. Maybe one day I'll take my wife on a vacation around the world or something. ;D

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
last year i found 62 Gold and 40 Silver for a total of 102. and 29 junkers. this year so far iv found only 6 Gold and 4 Silver..last 20 trips 0! too many hunters and not enough loot! but there is always tomorrow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread