spider bite

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
OOOOOkay. It seems I must have gotten bitten by a spider. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Sheesh. I never felt the bite! Anyway they did a sonogram and he showed me the "venom sac" beneath the skin. I am back in a smaller boot for a few days more and also have a una boot which is just more gauze with medication on it. I have to keep that on for at least 3 days and then I can go hunting again and I'm also on Methylprednisolone tablets for a few days. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? Same darn foot! Well hopeully now that I FINALLY know what the problem is it will get taken care of and I will get better soon and you can believe that I will be out in that water - COLD OR NOT! Here I come guys...... SOON!

Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie, sorry about the spider bite.

One of my son's teachers got bit on the stomach by a brown recluse. They had to do surgery on her to follow the venom trail. She was lucky it didn't hit any vitals.

I hate spiders.

GibH what kind of cat is that?

Here is a picture of a "little" one I found a couple of years ago when I went down stairs at midnight. Supposedly they are non poisonous but supposedly if they bite a farm animal, the animal may lose its leg from the venom.

Attachments

• horse spider.jpg
    horse spider.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,172

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the bite, hope it gets better quick

By the way, did it look like this on the sonogram ?

Attachments

• 14sjmgn.jpg
    14sjmgn.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 549

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Hi Mumszie, sorry to hear about the spider bite. But look forward to you getting out there soon and seeing your finds. Luckily, I've not been bit by a spider, but have had a weird reaction to a tick bite. Doctors thought it was staph infection at first. Bumps all over my hands, arms, legs, back and joint pain in all my joints. It took about a month to recover from it. After many blood tests, they determined it was a tick bite. I have 2 dogs.

I like the photos' of the cats too. Wow, so huge, and the bengal is cute too.

skt

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The white and black cat is photoshopped, the other is a Maine Coon Cat.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How to wreck your CJ-3 Jeep? Drive through the Florida Swamp tram road and into a Banana Spider web. :o Those things are the size of your hand and YOU know its crawling somewhere on you. :help: Happened to me more than once, as my windshield was down to protect the glass from branches. Smoked my brakes and a quick bailout, hitting the ground rolling. My deer hunting partner was laughing :laughing9: so hard, he almost inhaled his wad of chewing tobacco. He'd seen the spider retreat to the trunk before I hit the web, that's why they got 8 eyes, six more than I had. God, I hate spiders! :coffee2:

Attachments

• heather-banana-spider.jpg
    heather-banana-spider.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 4,754

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pet squirrell eats silver for snacks.

Attachments

• silversquirrell.jpg
    silversquirrell.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 438
  • silversquirrell.jpg
    silversquirrell.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 329

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
fisheye=== monty needs to see that silver eating bugger.--- he loves em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread