Took the Nexus to the beach this weekend

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
They said it works on black sand beaches on thier website and I am sure it does but they just didnt specify where on that beach,if you get close to the water its a no go! She dont like wet sand,so I spent my weekend in the drier sand.Friday I used it without headphones,saturday I borrowed a friends fisher f4,then today the nexus again but with headphones.I was pleased with the nexus without headphones,but with the phones this thing is a monster.I had to carry my scoop behind my back if I carried it to my side the machine would hit when I swung the coil to that side.I tried out most of my scoops that I made(see the tool shed) I dont think I like any of them much.I found alot of cigarette wrappers balled up,I disc them out but I suspect you guys are going to say that those hit like gold rings.Rusty pry offs hit like license plates man that is ridiculous.I have plenty of fishing gear now!The neatest thing I found was a gerber led flashlight I wiped it cleanand pushed the button and it still worked! Its one of those machined anodized aluminum jobs probably expensive.I ended up using an army e-tool today the scoop just was a pain to dig deep targets plus the sand is only dry on the surface so it doesnt sift very well,I got a big signal and dug a hole 30 inches or so deep with a small scoop that was kind of a job.So I dont know what to do exactly about the beach tool situation,maybe I will consult with the sandman and think on it this week.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent you a PM about the scoops. :hello:

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread