Got chased out...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning I finally got out for the 2nd time since all my foot problems. I got the Unna boot off last night and first thing this morning I was going to go hunting but... we had rain most of the night and early morning - actually thunderstorms. Finally they passed being pushed by a cold front coming in but I went out anyway! I knew I was not going to find much but I really wanted to get out there and hunt! I was right I didn't find much this morning but I did manage a few hits.

Finds032910.jpg

I had a big hit and thought it was a can but I usually go ahead and pull those out of the water. It wasn't a can. I "think" it is the front piece off a small boat but I'm not sure.

Boattip0329101.jpg

Boattip0329102.jpg

Boattip0329103.jpg

I found one lone penny and viola! I found a ring! Now don't get too excited.... it is just one of those kids aluminium rings. I don't know what they are made of but I have a bunch of these and the little kids wear them. This one has a pink tint to it so I figure it was probably a little girls.

Ring032910.jpg

So although it wasn't a really lucrative hunt I still found some stuff and I had a ball. I did get cold. The water wasn't bad but the breeze... I guess that cold front brought in some cold air and I was shivering pretty hard.

And being chased out? Well, after I had been there a while I saw a school bus come in with a load of kids. **sigh** I guess it was a field trip. The teacher stood on the sand and watched them. I didn't think the kids would get in the water but I was wrong. They did. Splashing, screaming, yelling.... being kids but that was it... I was ready to give it up for the morning. :wink:

It was a good morning! :wink:

Upvote 0

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get chased out of the tot lots too. Well not really chased but I can do without the stares. Most of them know my 13 yr. old daughter too so I don't want to humiliate her any more than I have to.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
GopherDaGold said:
I get chased out of the tot lots too. Well not really chased but I can do without the stares. Most of them know my 13 yr. old daughter too so I don't want to humiliate her any more than I have to.

I understand and you are great for caring about her. I usually always go very early and I'm leaving before most people come anyway but I got a late start today.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzie, I know you have been outta commission for a while, I was out for a week, it drove me nuts, but dumbo me, over did it..and messed up my back.. now I am only doing short hunts, 4 hrs max.. no more all day hunts of 8 plus hours, the back just cant take it.. so I finally got out after a week.. I took it super slow, took it easy on the digging and was just glad to be out there on the beach.. found lots of clad and sinkers but no jewelry to get excited about, either way, I was thrilled to be on the beach.. so I do understand...

sometimes its not the finds, its the surroundings that ya need too..and appreciate more as well.

D

digum smacks

its not a bow of a boat.ita a bow of a canoe.at least you got out i havent been out in 2 weeks

B

Big1011Guy

Glad to hear you are doing better and got out to detect for awhile. I have been going stir crazy,waiting for the weather to get just a little better so I can get out. Claudia and I got out Sat 4/3 for an early 6am to 8 ish Galveston Beach hunt. I will be post items found on Sunday.
Mumzsie, it looks like we are going to Destin/Fort Walton area May 23 -27 for a brief Metal Detecting Vacation. I want to thank you for all your help earlier with helping me in my search on places to go, and I am glad the spider bite is getting well.
Guy

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
NEXT TIME WHEN THE KIDS SHOW UP, JUST START YELLING SHARK! THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THEM. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

B

Big1011Guy

homer007 said:
NEXT TIME WHEN THE KIDS SHOW UP, JUST START YELLING SHARK! THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THEM. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I yelled Land Shark once at a small group of Teenagers that were - lets just say being annoying - They froze in place and their eyes turned as big as saucers, waiting to see it come out of the hole I was digging. After I started laughing they knew they had been punked and they went on their merry way.
Guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions