Excaliur II gets My first Gold of the Year!!

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, I bought an Excal II in Feb. 09 and found 20 rings of which 2 were gold, 2 silver chains and a silver bracelet at area lakes and 2 trips to East Coast beaches. I had to go to Emmitsburg Maryland to the National Fire Academy in March for a 1 week class, I researched the area and found a State Park with a lake and swimming beach nearby so I loaded the Excal for the trip. I only had one evening during the week that I had good enough weather and out of class early enough to go hunt for an hour or so. About 5 minutes into my hunt I got a really good low tone, scooped up the target in one scoop and saw a little golden colored ring with an amber stone in my scoop. It was not tarnished at all and looked really good and was heavy for its tiny size. I continued to hunt finding only clad coins then packed up and left. On inspection of the ring it had no markings >:( but did have markings where the ring had been broken and repaired or possibly re-sized. I thought this would be odd for a junk metal ring. When I returned home after my week long class and got settled in, I weighed it on my scale and it was .8 DWT(pennyweight). I took it to one of those "We Cheat you out of your Gold" stores and had it tested. It tested 14K :headbang: :hello2: I have found my first gold of the year!! They offered me $10 for it, using the Dendtrics Precious Metal Calculator it has a little over $26 scrap gold in it, I declined to sell it to them. Hopefully by the end of the season I will have alot more to send to the refinery. Thanks for Looking. The dime in the pic is for size comparison. Thanks to you Minelab for a great machine!! HH

Attachments

• 100_0582.jpg
    100_0582.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 547
  • 100_0583.jpg
    100_0583.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 552
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Excaliur II gets My first Gold of the Year!! the Excal is a killer, congrads

NIce Gold..........keep this one forever, as it is the first sign of gold running thur your veins, your hooked now.......you pirate!.......joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See we told you the Excal was fine detector. It is always great to get out and find anything. When selling gold it is best to Use Midwest Refineries as they pay out 94% of spot. :thumbsup:

I don't think you can read this because you are one of the guys that have me Ignored. :hello:

OP
OP
Captain Loosechange

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
See we told you the Excal was fine detector. It is always great to get out and find anything. When selling gold it is best to Use Midwest Refineries as they pay out 94% of spot. :thumbsup:

I don't think you can read this because you are one of the guys that have me Ignored. :hello:
Hey I don't know why or how I had you ignored???? I didn't even know you could do that. I saw that there were supposed to be 2 replies to my post, then I could only see one. Then I saw the "user ignored" think and clicked it and fixed it so you would not be ignored.
I really don't know how that happened, I have never had any trouble with anyone on here as far as I can remember. Thanks for the replies, and I know the Excal is awesome, not to say other water detectors aren't, but for where and how I hunt I don't think it can be beaten. I read a whole lot of these posts on this and other forums before I chose the Excal II and I chose it due to the type and quality and number of finds made with it. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the "ignoring" you sandman.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, As Iron Patch said someone clicking on Send Personal message could click on Ignore by accident and not even know it till they saw an empty post. It is best for everyone to check their profile to see if they are ignoring anyone they didn't mean too. :coffee2:

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first, :thumbsup:The rest of them come a little easier, :tongue3:

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I can remember to this day the feeling of seeing my first heavy gold wedding band in the scoop.
When the sand and water drained, my first reaction was "Thank you God, now I'm one of the big boys".

It only gets better!

Ralph

OP
OP
Captain Loosechange

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montauk3 said:
I can remember to this day the feeling of seeing my first heavy gold wedding band in the scoop.
When the sand and water drained, my first reaction was "Thank you God, now I'm one of the big boys".

It only gets better!

Ralph
Thanks for the replies, this is the first gold ring for this year, I found 2 last year. Both of those were mens wedding bands a 14K and a 10K. I am impressed that the Excal hit on such a small ring or rather I am glad that I was going slow enough to hear the Excal hit on such a small ring.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After your first gold ring the rest seem to come easier. Wait till you get real lucky and get two in one scoop. That makes you think you could quit your day job, but don't. :laughing7:

Good Luck on the next one.
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread