Great beach day today....weather was perfect and the finds.....(Video)

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
What a beautiful day here at the Jersey Shore today! I took a chance at a less popular local beach and I was amazed at the concentration of coins and jewelry found in less than a one block stretch of sand.....I hope to get back and finish it off tommorrow....

The Jersey Shore Beach and Surf Hunters FaceBook Page....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=54483518009&ref=mf

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDgn6bi56Xg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDgn6bi56Xg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video as always :icon_thumleft: nice finds what we all need on the east coast is a few good size hurricanes just a 100 miles off the coast like a train, back 10 years ago we had 4 come up the coast in a row the wave action was huge for 3 weeks the beaches where like heaven then :headbang: Good hunting Dd60

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Deepdiger60 said:
Good video as always :icon_thumleft: nice finds what we all need on the east coast is a few good size hurricanes just a 100 miles off the coast like a train, back 10 years ago we had 4 come up the coast in a row the wave action was huge for 3 weeks the beaches where like heaven then :headbang: Good hunting Dd60
Hi Dd60.....You have had alot of beach erosion up your way on the ocean side anyway.....haven't you??.....you should be digging alot of stuff....I would think so anyway.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Hi Dd60.....You have had alot of beach erosion up your way on the ocean side anyway.....haven't you??.....you should be digging alot of stuff....I would think so anyway.
Normally you would think so but over the last years the sand has piled up due to very little erosion in some spots the dunes are at waters edge mostly at prime places the Hamptons , i took a ride out there the other day i was lucky to see 20 feet of low beach and that was at low tide its all sand piles from Quogue to West Hampton the surfers love it >:( the only erosion is on Dune road at high tide its under 3 feet of water Nor-easters dont do much erosion on the Ocean side we need a good blow out of the South Dd60

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Deepdiger60 said:
Surfdigger said:
Deepdiger60 said:
Normally you would think so but over the last years the sand has piled up due to very little erosion in some spots the dunes are at waters edge mostly at prime places the Hamptons , i took a ride out there the other day i was lucky to see 20 feet of low beach and that was at low tide its all sand piles from Quogue to West Hampton the surfers love it >:( the only erosion is on Dune road at high tide its under 3 feet of water Dd60

It must be the direction that your beaches face the ocean our beaches here in South Jersey face from east to southeast in most places and are verrrry vulnerable to the winter storms.....I was looking at Google Earth and it shows that your beaches face almost due south....your optimal winds would be on storms from the east/southeast....the nor'easters for you are practically offshore winds and would actually flatten out your surf. oh well.....keep an eye on your marine forecast and pray for those strong southeast wind storms.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread