How many times has someone told you they lost their Rolex over near the buoy?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious if others have been told by someone at the beach that they had lost their Rolex or other valuable item in an area hoping you would run over there like a Putts to look for it.

This happens to me a lot at this one beach I check every week. Never have found a Rolex but Doctor Detroit has and she acted like it was nothing. Maybe cause a Rolex to her is nothing......

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When working the water, I always ask the divers if they found my Rolex.
Most of them understand that I'm joking.

When working the dry, and am scooping near folks on the blankets I'll shake out the sand and ask if anyone lost a diamond ring. most say no but a few will say yes. I then I show them the bottle cap or pull tab. They seem to enjoy the joke.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happen's to me!!! they will walk up and ask if i have found there ring!!!!!
I say to them very seriously!!! If you can describe it to me Ill give it back!! 99% of the time they say they were just joking!!!
And I say to them i wasn't.

Depending on the feeling i get ill give them a quick peek of what i found!!! reach into my pocket grab a few coins and a ring then open my hand and close it really quick!!

Most of the time they just stand there with there mouths open looking like there trying to gasp for air!!!! then i drop the stuff into my pocket and start detecting!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

D

digum smacks

if i had a nickel for every time someone asked me that.i say yes i found your keys to your car also also i found your car out here too :tongue3:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some kids run in front of me a drop pennies on the ground.
When i just scanned over them and didn't pick them up they looked at each other like I had no clue what I wad doing LOL.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Re: How many times has someone told you they lost their Rolex over near the buoy

Thats rotten!...I think I'll use it myself. LOL

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Re: How many times has someone told you they lost their Rolex over near the buoy

Yes! or when girls say they lost their ring, figuring you probably found one any how.

I have asked too see the finger it came from and check for white tan lines. :laughing7:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's happen a few times but I've found 9 of them .About 14 years ago a man said he just through a watch up in the bushes ,( he asked his girlfriend to marry him and she wanted a ring not a watch )the watch was a lady Rolex. He said you find it it's your . Ten mins. I found it.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Just curious if others have been told by someone at the beach that they had lost their Rolex or other valuable item in an area hoping you would run over there like a Putts to look for it.

This happens to me a lot at this one beach I check every week. Never have found a Rolex but Doctor Detroit has and she acted like it was nothing. Maybe cause a Rolex to her is nothing......
I dont think i know anyone who evens owns a Rolex :laughing7: its just a glorified watch my Timex tells time just as well and why would someone go to the beach in a $50,000.00 watch in the first place well there is the water proof ones . :thumbsup: Dd60

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been asked a few times but you knew by looking at the ones that asked they never seen a Rolex let alone had the money for one .....when I found mine nobody was around .:P....when I water hunt junk goes in my apron , change goes in my pocket , good stuff goes in another pocket an everytime some body asks if I'm gettin rich or what I find I just show the change ...unless its a cop or park personnel then I show the junk an say nope just doing my duty to help clean up an show em the trash ...lol I get my fake thata boy an they leave .

Tank

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The reason I bought my detector was because my sister in law lost her ladies two tone in Hilton Head. I found out two months after she lost it and by the time I got my detector it was three months after. I hit the beach and got a strong signal. I dig and see silver! It's a man's cheapo watch but boy did it have me going. I never did find the Rolex. If anyone found one in HH and cares to return it to the owner we can identify the watch by the serial number. FYI...I have found 3 watches to date with only one being at the beach. The most recent was a Mickey Mouse this weekend.

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
That's why I like being under water. Quiet and focused without any interuptions. I guess I'm lucky to live in mild weather that allows one to dive year around. :D

HawaiiMDer

Jul 31, 2009
Kapolei, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field and Minelab Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
Da Sand Crab said:
That's why I like being under water. Quiet and focused without any interuptions. I guess I'm lucky to live in mild weather that allows one to dive year around. :D

Let me know when you go hunting and diving again!! I would love to tag along. Are you on Oahu?

Ken

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
Sandman said:

I dont think i know anyone who evens owns a Rolex :laughing7: its just a glorified watch my Timex tells time just as well and why would someone go to the beach in a $50,000.00 watch in the first place well there is the water proof ones . :thumbsup: Dd60

lol I Have to agree.

When People Meet, do they grab each others Wrist
& Look at the name on their Watch Before deciding
to talk to them ?

I Personally wouldn't want to know the person who
judges people by the type of watch they wear.
then walk away if it's not a Rolex.

I Would also think if a person has $50,000.00 to throw
away on a Status Symbol, they have another $50,000.00
to Throw away on a new Status Symbol, if they loose the first
one

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, never found a ( Rolex Watch ) , But some guy lost his cell phone on the beach he wanted to know if I could go and look for it ! I just look at him and said why don't You Call Your Self ! he walk away . :laughing7: :laughing7: ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread