2nd Father -Daughter hunt

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had other plans today. Our daughter is on Spring Break, so the Wife and I were going to take our daughter to lunch and then the movies. Just as my Wife gets home from the gym, she gets a call from work. After a slightly heated exchange on the phone, my wife gets changed for work. Plan B. So I figure, it's a beautiful day out why not do something outside. I ask my daughter if she wants to go to the park or the beach? Without hesitation, she asks if we could go metal detecting at the same beach we did last time http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,266139.0.html That's my girl :icon_sunny:

So after a quick equipment check, we load up and head out. Now, I had explained to her that it was Spring Break and we were going to a small beach, so we may not have much room to hunt. Well, unfortunately the beach was full to capacity and we didn't even have room to park!

We headed in the opposite direction to bit larger beach and it was a lot less crowded. We hit the beach for I'd say about 30 mins. I brought along some "pre selected finds" just in case we weren't actually finding anything. Well, I found 14 pulltabs and 2 sinkers and she got the best stuff.

My hard core treasure hunter at the door
002.JPG

First find: yellow cab charm or zip pull
003.JPG

My happy hunter and her finds
005.JPG
004.JPG

We spent the rest of the time chillin' in the water. Good times

On the way home she thanked me profusely for taking her to the beach. Funny, she didn't once mention being disappointed we didn't go to the movies. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah good times! She's a real cutie. She reminds me of my daughter at that age. My daughter started out with the same detector. The only difference is that my daughter got ME hooked on metal detecting. We took that little detector all around the flower beds at home and found all kinds of "treasure". After that I was hooked and ran out and bought my own detector. :icon_thumleft:

D

digum smacks

it doesnt get better than that,if you found 10 platinum rings my friend that wouldnt even touch that hunt.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great day spending time with your daughter!!!
The item with 2 green stones looks like its a smashed up gold ring????

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked the other post. She's growing like a weed and cute as a button!
Nice finds!

helix-2000

Nov 28, 2007
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3; Minelab Excal 2; DFX 300
That is the best kind of hunt making for a great day. nice finds she did make. Always nice to be able to spend quality time with our kids and even better when they like the hobby of metal detecting.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a hunt you can always cherish :thumbsup: Great hunt Dd60

T

TreasurdiggrNY

willie d said:
Well, I found 14 pulltabs and 2 sinkers and she got the best stuff.

Great hunt for you and your daughter willie, tell her congrats on the finds. :icon_thumright:
From her smiles in the pics, I'd say you got the better stuff though ;D
[youtube=425,350]Zoh0tHRXOvE[/youtube]​

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing gets better than the time spent with your children. She is a cutie and will always remember the hunts she made with you and not the movies she seen.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very,Very, cool congrats. :icon_thumright:.You better watch your dad.He will be sneaking into your spot. :tongue3:.lol

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtg on your daughter and father hunt. It is alwsys good when they are eager to get out and hunt with you.....Matt

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all the great replies.

She is growing up fast. Sometimes I look at her and think "she's never gonna be this little again".

Hopefully she picks up this great hobby, like I did. However, if she doesn't I hope she remembers these times fondly.

She has read all of your replies and now believes she is famous, so thank you all for that. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug said:
What a great day spending time with your daughter!!!
The item with 2 green stones looks like its a smashed up gold ring????
It's a smashed up plated junk ring. Looks good though. I found it a few years back and was very disappointed to se the plating flaking off. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread