mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is on my wish list for next year. Or if I can swing it sometime this year if I am lucky....Matt

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Re: Good combination: Hookah and metal detecting

Nice video, thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get out there in the water with my Excal next month.

skt :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Egads, don't get me started of thinking how nice Hookah's are as I might get one again. Mine was a Kneen Engineering job that lasted over 10 years and I don't know how many dives.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
to solve the problem of trip after trip and help lugging the heavy Hookah... I use my little girls red wagon..... can get everything in it and carry the rest in one trip...... and helps to pull the system as opposed to carrying it forever

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
FloridaTreasureFinder said:
mlayers said:
That is on my wish list for next year. Or if I can swing it sometime this year if I am lucky....Matt
If not this year, maybe next year with tax refund?? Just a thought. :)

I'm waiting my tax Return just to buy My hookaj.

;D ;D

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the OneRepublic song on that video... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
MT Pockets said:
Hookah's are Nice to have.. I bought one from a Tnet Member several months ago...I got a really good deal on it..

The only problem is it's a "Drag".. :laughing7:

I've took it out a couple of times.. Got to the Beach.....

Lugged it All the way to the water.. Ran all the way back to the truck to drop off the things that I wasn't going to use...

Like; extra Reg, duffel bag, hard case, etc....

Then went and Grabbed the Detectors, wetsuits, etc.....

Hookahs are fine.. if your with a couple or few people.. this way you have help lugging everything back and fourth
while doing a beach dive.. It's a workout.... especially when it's a Long Haul to the beach from where you park..

I ended up selling it. and bought a Excal II and other toys..

You also have to make sure that your aware of the Surf Conditions.. Before you head out and make a trip....

Hookah is different than "Diving" you have to make sure that there aren't any waves ..sorta speak.. cause if your getting a lot of wave action
your taking a risk of swamping your hookah.. and that can be costly...

even salt spray isn't really good for it..

Thanks for the input. I'm a certified diver and Hookaj diving is not the same than tank diving because you don't breath compressed air into your lungs, and you don't have to observe uncompressed stop, if you dive less than one atmosphere( 30ft.). The manufacturer recommend do uncompressed stop anyway, if you dive more than 30ft.

Arch

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Sandman said:
Egads, don't get me started of thinking how nice Hookah's are as I might get one again. Mine was a Kneen Engineering job that lasted over 10 years and I don't know how many dives.

I was glad to here you say "Keene's" as I have just purchased one and it should get here soon. Just as the ocean begins to calm down and behave itself. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions